+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polar Express - 11/12

Polar Express - 11/12

From Hollywood.com

Cast: Tom Hanks , Michael Jeter , Chris Coppola , Peter Scolari , Nona Gaye , Jimmy 'Jax' Pinchak , Josh Hutcherson

A young boy lies awake in his room one snowy Christmas Eve, excited and alert. Breathing silently. Hardly moving. Waiting. He's listening for a sound he's afraid that he might never hear-- the ringing bells of Santa's sleigh. The time is five minutes to midnight. Suddenly, the boy is startled by a thunderous roar. Clearing the mist from his window he sees the most amazing sight--a gleaming black train rumbles to a stop right in front of his house, the steam from its powerful engine hissing through the night sky and the softly falling snowflakes. The boy rushes outside, clad only in his pajamas and slippers, and is met by the train's conductor who seems to be waiting just for him. "Well, are you coming?" the conductor inquires. "Where?" the boy asks. "Why, to the North Pole--of course. This is the Polar Express!" What unfolds is an an adventure which follows a doubting young boy, who takes an extraordinary train ride to the North Pole; during this ride, he embarks on a journey of self-discovery which shows him that the wonder of life never fades for those who believe.

I saw a "making of" the other week and this looks real good. I'm always up for anything with Tom Hanks.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I absolutely can't wait to see this! My youngest daughter decided she wants this to be her birthday party since she has a holiday birthday so we are taking some kids in their jammies to the movie and then doing a scavenger hunt after.

All my kids loved the the book.

I saw Tom Hanks on Oprah a couple of weeks ago talking about the movie. They showed quite a few scenes and it looks absolutely magical. Can't wait to see it.

I am really looking forward to this movie. They are showing it here on the IMAX and in 3D. I wanted to go last weekend to see it at the preview, the author is from Grand Rapids, MI, where I live.

I can hardly wait
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

FORT Fogey
    I love, love, love the book. I am very anxiously awaiting the movie!!

LG.
    OK, call me crazy, but this whole movie just turns me off. I really dislike the computer animation and creepy disembodied voice of Tom Hanks in the ad. The ads make me cringe.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Peter Scolari and Tom Hanks reunited again! Way to go, Bosom Buddies
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Okay... I saw this movie this afternoon and found it absolutely adorable. The animation was different, but spectacular and fascinating. And my 4 year old nephew proclaimed it "Excellent!" which is higher than he rated The Incredibles.

Just thoroughly enjoyable.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Based on the book by Chris Van Allsburg The Polar Express is a truly goregous and magical film and it is great to see Tom Hanks and Robert Zemeckis team up again for this gem. The animation is so amazing and even the kids look real. The score by Alan Selvestri is so damn hyptonic, this film took my breath away... one of the best Christmas films I have ever seen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast