+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alfie - 11/05

Alfie - 11/05

Release Date: 11/5/2004 Remake, Romantic Comedy Rated: R Runtime: 1 hr 40 mins

From Hollywood.com
    A philosophical womanizer is forced to question his seemingly carefree existence.
    Cast: Jude Law , Nia Long , Sienna Rose Miller , Susan Sarandon , Marisa Tomei

Director: Charles Shyer

Has anyone seen this movie yet?

I've heard from a few friends that they thought it was a fun show, and Jude Law doesn't disappoint with his factor. But I've also heard from the critics that they think the movie took a hit in its first week release numbers because of the election. They're thinking that people paying close attention to "moral values" in the election didn't really want to attend a movie about a man that ... sleeps around.

I was thinking of going this weekend. Recommended?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

saw it, wasn't impressed at all, even though jude Law was in it, it didn't cut it for me...

IMO ..

This falls into my - I wish they wouldn't remake classic films - list. I may wind up seeing it eventually, but I'm in no hurry. Michael Caine was the quintessential Alfie.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    This falls into my - I wish they wouldn't remake classic films - list. I may wind up seeing it eventually, but I'm in no hurry. Michael Caine was the quintessential Alfie.

I agree. I'll never see it. The original was a fabulous, classic movie - really stuck with me. I don't see a remake doing the original any justice. And although it is being "sold" as a comedy, it's pretty dark. No one could do Alfie like Michael Caine.

I wanted to see this movie but went to see Elektra instead, but i wanna see the original before i see the remake. What movie isn't Jude Law om these days.

+ Reply to Thread