+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Incredibles - 11/05

The Incredibles - 11/05

Release Date: 11/5/2004 Adventure, Animated, Family Rated: PG Runtime: 1 hr 45 mins
    From Hollywood.com

Bob Parr used to be one of the world's greatest superheroes--known to all as "Mr. Incredible"--saving lives and fighting evil on a daily basis. But now fifteen years later, Bob and his wife--a famous superhero in her own right--have adopted civilian identities and retreated to the suburbs to live normal lives with their three kids. Now he's a clock-punching insurance claims adjuster fighting boredom and a bulging waistline. Itching to get back into action, Bob gets his chance when a mysterious communication summons him to a remote island for a top-secret assignment.
    Cast: Holly Hunter , Samuel L Jackson , Jason Lee , Craig T Nelson , Brad Bird , Wallace Shawn

Director: Brad Bird

Just got back from the theatre.

It's an above average movie. They could have trimmed 15-20 minutes from the movie, and it would've hummed. Instead, a few times it get bogged down in little details that are cool ... but don't really move the story along.

This voice acting is fantastic, CGI is incredible, and of course the small touches are impressive. There are probably 4-5 laugh out loud moments. Even the short little movie before the feature (Boundin') puts a smile on your face.

Its almost not fair to compare it to other movies like Shrek or Toy Story, because I don't think it's in the same league as them ... its more in line to compare it to Spiderman, X-men and other comic book movies. In that regard, it's probably one of the best comic book movies I have seen.

If I was the director/producer of the upcoming Fantastic Four .. I would be s****ing my drawers. This movie IS everything the FF should be .... even if they do a good job with FF, The Incredibles have stolen alot of its thunder.

8/10

I haven't seen this, but I want to -- Time magazine had an article a week or two ago about it, and how much more difficult it is for Pixar to do the computer graphics stuff with organic beings, rather than the inorganic ones of Toy Story, and how far the graphics technology has come. It sounds interesting from that point of view, plus it sounds like a fun story.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Regular
    Written and directed by Brad Bird is all I needed to hear. I absolutely LOVED "The Iron Giant."

We went to see it this afternoon, it was... well, INCREDIBLE! Loved the story line and all the fun humor. I also thought the mom's figure is so fun with her womanly hips!

It is really a great movie and the voices are so well cast!

Let me ask those of you who have seen the film: Did you see a trailer for Star Wars Episode III? While doing a search for the trailer this afternoon, I ran across news that the trailer was being shown before The Incredibles, but this was the first I had heard of it.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Let me ask those of you who have seen the film: Did you see a trailer for Star Wars Episode III? While doing a search for the trailer this afternoon, I ran across news that the trailer was being shown before The Incredibles, but this was the first I had heard of it.

Yes it is shown before the movie, you can view that trailer on the internet. Just do a Google search.

No we didn't get the star wars trailer! Dang it!

We didn't get the Star Wars trailer, either. I wonder if they only show it later at night, or at certain chains?

Loved the movie... but the middle definitely was a bit too slow for young kids. Jordan wasn't the only kid that I heard saying "I want to go home!" But... once the action picked back up he thoroughly enjoyed it and he left the theater thinking "that was so cool!"
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I thought it was incr...uh great!

I thoroughly enjoyed it, as much or more than any of Pixar's other 5 CGI movies. It felt a bit more "adult" then Nemo, et al., without any whacky singing or dancing bits, and very few cheesy lines or pop culture references. The movie will age really well. I'm very hopeful for a sequel or at least a cartoon series like Jimmy Neutron (not that I watch that!)

I agree with Toxic about the Fantastic Four. I was a self-admitted comic book geek in my younger years, and yes, when people see the FF movie next year, some of them are going to ask, "isn't this a rip-off the Incredibles?" Ignore the fact that the FF were created in 1963. You have:

1) Mr. Incredible vs. Mr. Fantastic as leaders of the teams (of 4)
    2) You have a "tank", a stretchy person, and an invisible girl who also uses force fields. They should have just made Dash the torch and went 4 for 4.
    3) You even have the "underminer" vs. the "mole man" (FF's first villian ever)

And my fearless prediction is that the Incredibles will mop the floor with the FF movie (it features Jessica Alba for god's sake)

Eric

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast