+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Incredibles - 11/05

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    As soon as I heard Mr. Incredible's boss's voice, I turned to my husband and said "That's INCONCEIVABLE!"
    We said the same thing when we first heard his voice! "Inconceivable!" *spitting slightly* Ya just gotta!

Loved the movie! My teenagers were laughing in the car ride home while counting how many deaths occured in the film. I'm glad Pixar's not striving to be overly-PC :rolleyes and to just be fun!

Great movie!!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Oh, and the other character in this movie who hasn't been mentioned but is worthy of note is the designer lady. She was so funny! Her arguments against having a cape had me

I saw this movie over the weekend and loved it. And I don't have kids. The scene where Elastigirl gets caught between the doors had me rolling. (hope that's not too spoilerish).
    And, Charlie, I loved the designer woman too, I thought she was a brilliant character, and I laughed out loud at her cape argument. I'm not sure she was supposed to be a take-off on anyone in particular, but her looks -- the bangs, the glasses -- reminded me of an actress -- she's small and plain and gnome-like -- and I can't remember her name and it's going to bug me.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    And, Charlie, I loved the designer woman too, I thought she was a brilliant character, and I laughed out loud at her cape argument. I'm not sure she was supposed to be a take-off on anyone in particular, but her looks -- the bangs, the glasses -- reminded me of an actress -- she's small and plain and gnome-like -- and I can't remember her name and it's going to bug me.

Is it this actress, Linda Hunt? Cuz that's who she kept reminding me of, too!

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

That's her! Thanks, Rumpshaker!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

YES! Thanks, Rumpshaker! I thought she looked familiar too and couldn't place my finger on who it was.

We swore that was Linda Hunt... but checked imdb when we got home to find we were wrong. She was a perfect match... they had to have modeled the character after LH.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    We swore that was Linda Hunt... but checked imdb when we got home to find we were wrong. She was a perfect match... they had to have modeled the character after LH.

Actually "E" was based on Edith Head

From IMDB
    Edna, the costume lady, is based on Edith Head, who worked as a studio costume designer on hundreds of movies over more than fifty years.

Brad Bird was actually the voice of E, Brad said he couldn't find anyone he liked to voice her so he did it himself!

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Loved the designer lady too! Also loved the little neighbor boy on the trike that somehow always managed to "see the wrong things at the wrong time" and the ending with him was priceless. Oh, and Jack, Jack.....
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast