+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Incredibles - 11/05

Mr. Bug and I saw it over the weekend, and for once we weren't the only adults without children in the theater when watching a "cartoon-ish" type movie! Oh, and yes, we had the Star Wars trailer as well.

We really enjoyed it. There were a few parts in there where we laughed out loud, but we were pretty much amused by the whole thing. As soon as I heard Mr. Incredible's boss's voice, I turned to my husband and said "That's INCONCEIVABLE!" He was the perfect guy to play the boss.

My only disappointment: my favorite part of the previews for the movie is not in the movie. I kept seeing previews of Mr. Incredible trying to cram into his super suit, trying to buckle his belt; his wife then calls from the background "Supper's ready" and he replies "Maybe just a salad!" I thought that preview was hilarious, but I didn't see it in the movie. Anyone else notice this?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    As soon as I heard Mr. Incredible's boss's voice, I turned to my husband and said "That's INCONCEIVABLE!" He was the perfect guy to play the boss.
    Heh... I said the same thing!

My only disappointment: my favorite part of the previews for the movie is not in the movie. I kept seeing previews of Mr. Incredible trying to cram into his super suit, trying to buckle his belt; his wife then calls from the background "Supper's ready" and he replies "Maybe just a salad!" I thought that preview was hilarious, but I didn't see it in the movie. Anyone else notice this?
    I was asking my coworker about that this morning (while pouting, of course.) It'll probably be one of the good ol' outtakes on the DVD.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    That was the teaser and Pixar never puts the teaser scene in the film. Its there just to give you an idea what their next film is about.

Anyways i loved the film, it probably my favorite of the Pixar films.

Scarlett and I saw it in Florida. It was great. The star wars trailer was there.
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Speaking of Star Wars...

Did anyone else think that Pixar was hopping on the Lucas bandwagon a little bit with this movie. For instance:

1. The Dash/Guards in Hovercraft scene was, I swear, shot for shot out of Return of the Jedi (especially with the two of them on the sides of Dash)

2. Didn't Mirage remind you of the aliens who were creating the clone army that Obi Wan Kenobi visits in Attack of the Clones?

3. Finally, I think its pretty obvious where the inspiration for Syndrome's hair came from - Wookies! (Just kidding)

Okay, maybe I'm being silly, but I'm just so excited now that I have seen the trailer for Episode Three!!!! May is too far away!!!

I saw this movie last night and really enjoyed it. I definitely felt like it was more adult than a lot of other Pixar movies. It was a cute story and it was even sad in some points.

Quote Originally Posted by OnMyLunchBreak
    3. Finally, I think its pretty obvious where the inspiration for Syndrome's hair came from - Wookies! (Just kidding)
    Heh... I kept seeing The Heat Miser (year without a santa claus) every time Syndrome came on screen. I wanted to sing.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Saw this movie yesterday with my two young'uns... and I have to say, I found myself worried at first because it started off a little long/slow with the story, but the last half of the movie more than made up for it. Can I just say too that Violet is the first ever McDonald's Happy Meal toy that was worth it? You have to see it to know what I'm talking about.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Heh... I got that toy for my nephew, ineedatoy! Cute little force field.

I also have Dash sitting here, but I'm not quite certain what it is he does yet. He's in some kind of innertubey thingy. I'm sure Jordan will show me today.

Speaking of which... Jordan has fallen completely in love with Dash. I spent some time with him Saturday afternoon and he just HAD to show me umpteen times how he could run like Dash. It was the funniest thing.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Heh, we ran like Dash back to the car....unfortunately, my daughter did not put on the brakes soon enough because she ran smack into the car door and ended up with a bruised forehead. But she was laughing about being Dash so I suppose she's okay.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast