+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kira's Reason: A Love Story (2003) - 1/17

Kira's Reason: A Love Story (2003) - 1/17

Kira's Reason: A Love Story (2003)

Synopsis: Enjoying life in their mid-thirties, Kira and her husband Mads have a large house, a great car and two wonderful children. Their world is perfectly secure and comfortable, until Kira inexplicably develops a psychiatric disorder that eventually commits her to a hospital. Upon being discharged from the psychiatric ward, Kira's sole desire is to return to the normality of family life and fulfill her role as a good wife and mother. Despite her valiant struggle to maintain equilibrium, she frequently breaks the rules and loses control of her actions. Kira's behavior inevitably causes a strain on her relationship with her husband, and begins to alienate her from her children. When she discovers that Mads had an affair during her hospitalization, Kira intensifies her effort to regain her family and restore her life. Eventually, however, her desperate attempts prove futile and she is forced to come to terms with the irreversible changes in her life.

Statistics
    Genre(s)rama Rating: Not available Runtime: 94 mins.
    Distributor(s): First Run Features Theatrical Release: 01/17/2003

Cast & Role
    Stine Stengade -- Kira
    Lars Mikkelsen -- Mads
    Sven Wollter -- Kira's Father
    Peacheslatrice Petersen -- Kay
    Camilla Bendix -- Charlotte

Director
    Ole Christian Madsen

If this is done right, it sounds like it could be a real tear-jerker. I've never heard of any of these people before. Is this an international film?
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

FORT Fanatic
    I thought this was about Kevin Bacon's wife.

I haven't heard of this movie before, but it sounds like it could be really good, provided it doesn't get hokey.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

The plot sounds interesting, but I haven't heard of this movie, either. It sounds like it could be an international movie, Zora, but the site that I got the info from didn't have the locales or any other info about this movie.

+ Reply to Thread