+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ladder 49 - 10/01

Ladder 49 - 10/01

Release Date: 10/1/2004 Drama Rated: PG-13 Runtime: 1 hr 55 mins

From Hollywood.com
    Baltimore firefighter Jack Morrison, making the transition from inexperienced rookie to seasoned veteran, struggles to cope with a risky, demanding job that often shortchanges his wife and kids. He relies on the support of his mentor and chief, Mike Kennedy and his second family--found in the brotherly bond between the men of the firehouse. But when Jack becomes trapped in the worst blaze of his career, his life and the things he holds important--family, dignity, courage--come into focus. As his fellow firemen of Ladder 49 do all they can to rescue him, Jack's life hangs in the balance.
    Cast: Joaquin Phoenix , John Travolta , Morris Chestnut , Robert Patrick , Balthazar Getty , Jay Hernandez

Director: Jay Russell

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    After seeing this, I am definitely getting more and more impressed with Joaquin Phoenix's performances. He a great actor. This film really made me appreciate the dangerous job fireman do everyday for us. Some incredible fire scenes, very real, and made you think you were almost there. Good cast including John Travolta, Robert Patrick, and Jacinda Barrett.

Glad to hear the good review, Reality. I want to see this movie and hope to check it out soon.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I agree-this was a pretty good movie overall. At first I thought it was going to be a bunch of intense fire/rescue situations, but it actually had a very touching story line. Very different role for John Travolta too. Wasn't so much the "lead actor", but I definitely liked his character.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I haven't seen it yet, but am a big fan of Travolta and Joaquin Phoenix. Glad to hear it's worth seeing.

I just saw this movies last night. It was a pretty good movie and a good way to tell the story. It really made me appreciate the job that firemen do everyday! Make sure to bring your tissues into the theater.

+ Reply to Thread