+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Grudge - 10/22

The Grudge - 10/22

Is anyone going to see this movie? It stars Sarah Michelle Gellar and is based off of the Japanese horror movie 'Ju-On'.

It's about a supernatural curse that comes from someone who dies angry. Official website is www.doyouhaveagrudge.com. The Japanese website is www.juonthegrudge.com.

I saw the Japanese version and it frightened me so badly. When I heard they were remaking it, I freaked out even more Then, I saw the trailer for it at 'White Chicks' and I sat there squealing in my seat. Yesterday, I saw the tv trailer. I watched it, but then ran down the hall squealing . And a couple of minutes ago, they showed it again and since it's night, I refused to watch it and went "lalala" until it went away. To say the less, the movie absolutely horrifies me.

So what do you think of it so far?

Genre: Drama / Horror / Thriller

Tagline: It never forgives. It never forgets.

Plot Outline: An American nurse living and working in Tokyo is exposed to a mysterious supernatural curse, one that locks a person in a powerful rage before claiming their life and spreading to another victim.
    As much as I hate Sarah Michelle I really want to see this.
    It stars Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jason Behr (I never saw any of his movies except Pleasantville but I don't remember him), Kadee Strickland (Sixth Sense), and Clea Duvall (The Faculty). I totally can't wait to see it. The trailer alone scared the crap out of me.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Jason Behr (I never saw any of his movies except Pleasantville but I don't remember him)
    If it helps, he was the main star of the sci-fi show, Roswell.

I have just watched the trailer and the simple fact that there's a little girl that resembles the one in "The Ring" scares me so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    If it helps, he was the main star of the sci-fi show, Roswell.

I have just watched the trailer and the simple fact that there's a little girl that resembles the one in "The Ring" scares me so much.
    I never saw Roswell.
    Oh, well. I'll say it again. I really can't wait to see this. The trailer alone scared me to death.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fan
    It reminds me a lot of The Ring - just from the trailers.....The Ring was based on a Japanese movie.
    It looks like a good horror movie though.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    That clip with that girl crawling down the stairs sent chills down my spine.

This movie looks really scary, and I'm definitely going to watch it. I'll probably go to the matinee, because I know I'll be creeped out if I watch it at night. I still have to watch the "Exorcist" during daylight. It's too scary to watch it at night.

I remember hearing from some critics that the Japanese version of this movie is one of the scariest movie you'll ever experience. I wonder if Blockbuster has the japanese version. What is the name of the japanese movie? JUON or something?

ME ME ME ME ME, I'M GONNA SEE IT!!!!!! Sorry for yelling.
    I've had a link to the trailer in my sig for a couple of weeks promoting The Grudge. I'm not too crazy about scary movies but, I'm really excited to see Jason Behr ( ) on the big screen.

If you're lucky enough to live in Los Angeles the premiere is October 12, in Westwood Village at the Village theatre. You won't get to see the movie, but you'll be able to see the stars of the film walking the red carpet. I think it starts a 5 p.m., not sure, I'll get back to ya, though.

BTW, if you don't know who Jason Behr is, just look at my avi. The man is HOT! Okay, fest over.

And he was in Pleasantville, for like 3 seconds. His screen credit is something like," Mark's lackey #2."
    Last edited by Roswellian4Life; 09-29-2004 at 02:01 AM.

Does It have a website?

nilesgirl, click the link in my signature "Do you have a grudge....." and you'll be able to see some trailers.

Click here too for the website: The Official Grudge website

Actually, I just went to the website. Creepy. Even creepier than the Saw website. Well, sort of. Man. You guys have to check out the website!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast