+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: The Grudge - 10/22

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Who hides under the covers?
    me

I went to see the grudge with my friends a cuple of months ago and i was totally disappointed with the whole movie. Even people booed at the end of the movie .. actualli to think of it only my friend booed and shouted i want my money back at the end of the movie.
    The grudge was a disappointment and I'm looking forward to seeing the japanese version because I've been hearing good reviews for it. The Grudge lacked shock factor and was a really big mess. One part of it my friend screamed because he was scared but besides that i didn't find it at all scary. Although going to the positive things of this movie are most of the shots were very well distributed and Sarah M. Gellar wasn't a hugely bad actress herself really.
    But thats pretty much all i can think of to say about this movie.

I saw both versions and wasn't impressed by either...but I will admit the image of the blue face and the throat sounds got to me!!!!!
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

OK, I LOVE horror movies but have trouble finding ones that actually scare me or keep me interested. I haven't seen the Grudge simply because most of the reviews on here are negative for it. My question is...Is the Japanese version in English or Japanese with English subtitles? It isn't one of those movies that they are actually talking in Japanese but you hear English words is it? You know where the words don't match the mouth movement. The Ring was OK, but didn't scare me. It did keep me interested though.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta
    OK, I LOVE horror movies but have trouble finding ones that actually scare me or keep me interested. I haven't seen the Grudge simply because most of the reviews on here are negative for it. My question is...Is the Japanese version in English or Japanese with English subtitles? It isn't one of those movies that they are actually talking in Japanese but you hear English words is it? You know where the words don't match the mouth movement. The Ring was OK, but didn't scare me. It did keep me interested though.
    It's called dubbing. No, it is not dubbed, it has subtitles.

Most movies nowadays (I'm sure) do subtitles. The only thing they dub are cartoons.

Well, the DVD is coming out on Feb. 1st.

I just watched this yesterday. It was good but I don't think it was a scary as I thought it was going to be. Maybe it's because I'm not a Gellar fan. I don't know. It was scary but not nearly as bad as I anticipated. Based on the end there will be a sequel.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    my first hint was that the detectives (after Karen torched the house) said that they saved the house. Then when you saw creepy dead woman standing behind Karen at the end when she was getting ready to view Doug's body, you just knew.
    Now, creepy dead woman was supposed to be the spirit of Kayeko, right? The woman who originally died there 3 years earlier? That's what I thought. Like the whole family was just a family of vengeful spirits.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678