+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Grudge - 10/22

I was not disappointed at all! I thought it was really scary. During several scenes, especially the ones with that security video footage, my legs became paralyzed...no joke. I jumped many many times in the movie as well...even during parts where some *boom* would end a random scene. I got nervous all the time, man. Whoa!

I'm probably gonna go see it again tomorrow.

FORT Fan
    I made the unmistakably dumb decision to see the early movie on a friday night - I still can't hear too well this morning.....there were seventeen hundred pre-teens (yes, it felt like that many) and they would let out this unearthly shrilly scream at everything, from a door closing, to SMG blinking...so it's kind of hard to really be scaird at what's on the screen when you can't focus or hear......
    All of that aside, I will have to see it again to make a definite decision...I can say it reminded me of The Ring so much, except the The Ring had more of a plot that you could follow from start to finish - this kind of put everything together randomly....and still didn't answer all of what was going on...I can tell you that I don't think I would rent this movie and watch it alone at night, and I'm pretty tough to shake. There were parts in this movie that had the hair on my arm standing up, but the only part that really made me jump was the very beginning - the thing is, after a while, you knew what was coming.....But, like I said, I need to see it again before I can really say that I loved it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    What scene was it?
    It was the part with the security camera footage...creeped me out big time in the theatre too.

Your av is really scary, december12.

Oh my all the scared people. Wait till the Grudge 2 comes out in the US Although I haven't watched it yet I heard it was scary too

I love horror movies, Japanese cinema, and SMG, so this movie is a must-see for me. Still, thanks for sharing your impressions on the movie, so far sounds like it's pretty good!

Also, if it weren't for the thread, I would not have checked out the official website and played that creeeeepy game in the middle of night, with all the lights out and headphones on my laptop.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Oh my god, December. If I knew where you were, I would like throttle you for that avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdrio9
    It was the part with the security camera footage...creeped me out big time in the theatre too.

I remember that scene. My hands were over my face, but I still saw the whiteness of the eyes between my fingers...

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdrio9

Yeah, apparently so, - I took it off though.........oh well.........

After months of waiting, I finally saw The Grudge yesterday. The movie wasn't perfect, but I liked it. It was creepy more than scary, I thought. I'll probably see it again, but I'll wait until the DVD comes out. Then I can watch all the scenes I really want to watch!

Silverstar- Didn't Jason look good!? That was the most important thing about the movie!
    Last edited by Roswellian4Life; 10-23-2004 at 08:37 PM.

FORT Fan
    lalol - There is a Grudge 2?
    BTW, I can't believe I spelled the word scared wrong............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast