+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Grudge - 10/22

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    If it helps, he was the main star of the sci-fi show, Roswell.

I have just watched the trailer and the simple fact that there's a little girl that resembles the one in "The Ring" scares me so much.
    That's not a little girl. It's a woman, and she is the mother of the little boy who is in it. So there is a woman ghost, and then her son who is the little boy.

If anyone is further interested, there is a sequel and a prequel, not a clue where you can find them though. Maybe eBay?

Nilesgirl - I put the link in the first post. Did you not read my first post Oh, nevermind you found it.

Anyhoo, they aired the trailer again last night O.O I almost died because I was home alone so once again, I faced my computer, covered my ears, and went "lalalala"

Oh, if you guys check out the Japanese movie website which I linked above, it's super creepy because it has the little kid all over it. But on the...media? page I think they show a scene from the movie where the little boy is sitting on one of the living characters bed and the mother is leaning over the headboard staring at her O.o I remember seeing that part of the movie when I saw it, and it scared the daylights out of me. In fact, I didn't even watch the whole movie This movie made me scared of everything. I'm scared of the dark, I'm scared of my shower, I'm scared of my bed, I'm scared of elevators, I'm scared of the stairs...

I think I'll pass on this one. I remember when I saw the Exorcist - it took me nearly a year to get over. I'm with Frost - I slept with a light on for a year - couldn't handle any small spaces - restrooms were a real problem - couldn't shut the door. really. scared to death. I still can't see commercials or anything for it.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    OMG... this one looks awesome. The trailer was so creepy, I 'm a sucker for scary movies, and this one looks great.

ps. I went to The Grudge website, and there's a game you play on there, really cool and creepy, check it out, especially the ending of the game!!

The director (Takashi Shimizu) for the original (Juon) is also directing the american re-make. should be interesting. Remember, the original came out in 2000, and the original Ring (Ringu) came out in 1998. So it's taking a while for Japanese horror to catch on in the States.
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

Yes, Weston, I thought that was interesting that they used the same director. It should be nice because he knows what he's doing, the movie is from his home country, etc. So it should have a very authentic Japanese feel to it. Not to mention being filmed entirely in Japan!

The ghosts who play Kayoko and Toshio also reprise their roles for the remake, so that should be a treat for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by mkwdood
    I think I'll pass on this one. I remember when I saw the Exorcist - it took me nearly a year to get over. I'm with Frost - I slept with a light on for a year - couldn't handle any small spaces - restrooms were a real problem - couldn't shut the door. really. scared to death. I still can't see commercials or anything for it.
    I still haven't seen the Exorcist Mk, be careful when you're watching tv! LOL They are starting to show the trailer for the Grudge often now. They just showed it again about 20 minutes ago O.o Again, did the whole cover ears, lalalala routine. Unfortunately, I'll probably go see it in theatres with my friends because they want to see it and I don't want to miss out. I'll just bring a blindfold or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality tv fan
    OMG... this one looks awesome. The trailer was so creepy, I 'm a sucker for scary movies, and this one looks great.

ps. I went to The Grudge website, and there's a game you play on there, really cool and creepy, check it out, especially the ending of the game!!

....what game? See, I'm horrified of this movie, but I'm also very inquisitive as well. But when I'm curious about something I'm scared of, I always have someone else check it out for me first

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    This movie looks really scary, and I'm definitely going to watch it. I'll probably go to the matinee, because I know I'll be creeped out if I watch it at night. I still have to watch the "Exorcist" during daylight. It's too scary to watch it at night.
    I'm going to go to the matinee too though I don't know how much difference it would make. I went to see The Ring and thought I'd go to the matinee, we were the only ones there!

Special screening in New York on Oct 19, 2004

Here is some cool info for New Yorkers from http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazines/wizard.cfm.

Thursday, September 30

YOU'RE INVITED!
    Special midnight screening of 'The Grudge' with an appearance by Sarah Michelle Gellar and more

COLUMBIA PICTURES and WIZARD MAGAZINE invite you and a guest to a special midnight Manhattan screening on Tuesday, October 19th of the new Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy, Scooby Doo) Movie 'The Grudge'.

APPEARANCES BY
    SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR
    AND JASON BEHR

From producers Sam Raimi (the director of such classics as The Evil Dead and Darkman and the blockbusters Spider-Man® and Spider-Man® 2), Rob Tapert (The Gift, The Evil Dead) and Taka Ichise (Ringu and Dark Water) comes a terrifyingly real horror thriller, The Grudge, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar and based on the Japanese hit JU-ON: The Grudge.

The Grudge is the curse of one who dies in the grip of a powerful rage. Those who encounter this murderous supernatural curse die and a new one is born – passed like a virus in an endless, growing chain of horror.

TO RSVP and obtain theater location,
    PLEASE CALL (212) 833 - 7517
    Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM.

PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY AS SEATING IS LIMITED AND ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS. SCREENING IS OVERBOOKED TO ENSURE CAPACITY. THIS DOES NOT GUARANTEE ADMISSION, IS NON-TRANSFERABLE AND IS NOT REDEEMBLE FOR CASH

*Come dressed as your favorite JU-ON character and win the chance to have your photo taken w/ the stars.

THE GRUDGE COMES TO THEATERS ON OCTOBER 22ND!

For more info check out: http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thegrudge/.

How the poo are you going to come dressed as your favorite Juon character when they all dress like normal people? It's going to be a room full of ghost women and boys

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast