+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rewind and replay.

I really enjoyed A Knight's Tale. Saw it with a couple of good friends. The husband was all misting up and weepy when the father-son reunion took place.

And, yeah, Legends of the Fall has a strange lure on me. I've somehow seen it, like, four times. It's so depressing, especially the WWI segments. Why do I subject myself to the pain?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I hate to tell mine cause Fluff will hit me (Brendan Fraser)
    but for some reason Blast from the Past.
    (ducks)

Actually Cissy Spacek and Christopher Walken are wonderfully goofy in it.

That and the ultimate girlie movie Steel Magnolia's

JR.
    Full Metal Jacket
    Silence of the Lambs
    Goodfellas
    Jurassic Park
    Terminator 1&2

I watched The Replacement Killers again last night. Man I'm telling ya, crank the 5.1 surround on that one and it's a hell of a ride. I just never tire of it.
    Im haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I agree Paulie, A Knights Tale is great.

The father/son reunion is sweet. It's just a fun movie, but I wanted him with the female blacksmith. Thought the noblewoman was a bit of a bitch.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Totally agree with you on the love interest there, Miss F. I gotta say I loved Paul Bettany as Chaucer. I was on the edge of my seat to hear him speak all through the film. And I got little chills with the slow-motion shot of all of them at the end.

I'm such an emotional pawn of the movie industry.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

i need to see if i'm mistaken.

is "a knight's tale" the one with heath ledger where they played "we are the champions" and a bunch of other modern day rock music?

That's the one. And at first, I thought that was going to piss me off, but it didn't.

I thought that the modern day soundtrack sent in midevil times would be a little hard to swallow. But then, movies are always asking us to suspend disbelief, so I can handle it.

Besides, it was fun watching them dance to David Bowie.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

ok. that's the one i thought it was.

i have nothing further to comment because i want you all to like me.

+ Reply to Thread