+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Forgotten - 9/24

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    It sounds good, I'll be checking it out.

FORT Fan
    I'm glad to hear this was good - I saw the previews and couldn't wait to see it - then I saw reviews on it that didn't exactly put it in a good light - so I am definitely going to see it this week!

I hated this movie. Such a cheesy explanation for the goings-on, too many chase scenes, and a sappy ending. My advice: wait for cable... or at least pay matinee prices.

Not that I'm opinionated... haha!

The story ended too quickly, and left too many questions unanswered. It's kind of the complete opposite of The Villiage but just as bad because you have no idea of what exactly is going on.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Well, I saw it this past weekend, and overall it's ok and Julianne Moore put in a decent job as a grieving mother. Unfortunately the film had plot-holes, and left us hanging with unanswered questions. It did little to explain what had happened in the film, and basically left us to use our imagination. Some great jumpy moments and that's basically it.

Saw it, didn't like it.

Mainly because I didn't get it. I have some questions, could someone help me by answering them?

Click to see Spoiler:
    1) What experiment were they trying to do exactly?
    2) So they were aliens, and that's it?
    3) Why was the government working with them?
    4) Who was that guy who was an alien? What was his exact role and who was he talking to when he was sucked back up into the sky?
    5) What would happen when the people were sucked into the sky?

The only jolts I had? (And trust me...I am an absolute wreck at horror/jump films) I only had 3. Lame.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    1) When the black lady was sucked up. I knew it was coming from the trailer, but still made me shriek because it still was sudden.
    2) When Ash was sucked up, didn't surprise me because again, trailer and it just wasn't all in your face
    3) When the guy screamed and turned into an alien

I have many questions because the dumb movie didn't bother to answer any

I thought the movie was suspensful, and Julianne Moore was great as the grief-stricken mother. I thought the movie was pretty good, but it could've been so much better if it hadn't been for the ending.
    There were so many unanswered questions, and all I was left thinking was "Is that it?"

Frosty, I'll attempt to answer your questions with what I got from the movie. Hopefully, my interpretations aren't that way off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Click to see Spoiler:

1) What experiment were they trying to do exactly?
    The one spooky alien was trying to figure out how to break the bond between a parent and their child by erasing the kids from their memories. Obviously, it failed because that woman hanged on to her son's memory even though everyone thought she was crazy and had imagined having a son.

2) So they were aliens, and that's it?
    Yep. This is why I didn't like the ending. I was like "So aren't we (humans) going to do something about these alien experiments?" I was ready for people to rise up and wage all-out wear against the aliens, but that would be another movie. ID4, perhaps.

3) Why was the government working with them?
    I don't think the government was working with the aliens. They just knew of the alien experiments, and I imagine they were trying to seclude the mother before she got any more people slurped into space. Actually, I'm not really sure why they were trying to capture Julianne and that other man, but my theory sounds good for the time being.

4) Who was that guy who was an alien? What was his exact role and who was he talking to when he was sucked back up into the sky?
    That was the alien that was heading this experiment, and I believe he was talking to his "alien boss" when he asked for more time, but he was denied. Ba-bye, Alien Boy!

5) What would happen when the people were sucked into the sky?
    [i]This is my biggest questions too? Where the heck did these people get sucked into? My crazy imagination makes me think Earth is just sitting in the aliens laboratory, while they conduct these experiements. They just pull people in and out like rats. That's kind of stupid , but this question was pretty much left to our imagination. [ /i]

The only jolts I had? (And trust me...I am an absolute wreck at horror/jump films) I only had 3. Lame.
    1) When the black lady was sucked up. I knew it was coming from the trailer, but still made me shriek because it still was sudden.
    2) When Ash was sucked up, didn't surprise me because again, trailer and it just wasn't all in your face
    3) When the guy screamed and turned into an alien

Don't feel bad, I only had 2 jolts.
    1. When the car crashed. I saw it coming too, but it still felt like i was in the car.
    2. I hadn't seen the previews of the lady cop getting sucked, but I knew that was going to happen because the lady kept saying she believed the mom. Definite giveaway that she was going to be taken, but I still jumped when she was sucked into the big blue sky.

I totally agree with Wolf. This had the potential to be a great movie - Julianne Moore was excellent and it certainly kept you interested all the way through. There were about three times in the movie when I jumped. I was on the edge of my seat, anxious for the outcome. Then....... nothing. What kind of ending is that? IMO, the ending does not fit the movie and is a huge disappointment. I was expecting something edgy, exciting, bizarre, anything that paralleled the movie. Instead it just died, and left a lot of unanswered questions. I have been telling my friends to not waste their money, but to wait until it hits the "cheap seats" or video.

CCL
    The premise was good but it didn't deliver the goods. But, to digress, don't you love when you can take a movies' title and make a one-line review of the movie in question: ie " The Forgotten - to be forgotten as soon as you leave the theatre" " The Forgotten - forget about going" " The Forgotten - leave it unremembered"...ah, such language usage amuses me (and they're not even good ones, just the first that came to mind!). Ok. I go now.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

This movie started out slow and left many unanswered questions... There were several parts were I literally jumped out of my seat... But not enough for me to say this is a great movie... It's a dvd rental rather then a 8.50 movie ticket purchase.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast