+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shaun of the Dead - 9/24

Shaun of the Dead - 9/24

Release Date: 9/24/2004 Action, Comedy, Sci-Fi Rated: R Runtime: 1 hr 37 mins
    From Hollywood.com

On Friday, Shaun is in a rut. At 29, he's coasted through life--and still hasn't gotten very far, usually winding up at the local pub, the Winchester. His roommate Ed looks up to him--when he can take his eyes off the TV, that is. Liz is re-evaluating their relationship, particularly after Shaun fails to do something special for their anniversary on Saturday. That day, there are train delays, people fainting in the streets, TV news reporters on unexplained calamities. No, it can't be--but it is--the dead have risen. Saturday's isolated incidents mushroom into a full-on zombie assault and, once daylight breaks, it's Sunday bloody Sunday. As manners and flesh take a beating, it's time to seperate men from meat, humans from zombies, and living from undead. Shaun and Ed grab whatever is at hand to repel the attacking zombies, summoning reserves of strength they didn't know they possessed and straining muscles they forgot they had. Rounding up friends and family, they press on towards the sanctuary of the Winchester. All that stands in their way are hordes of the flesh-eating undead.
    Cast: Simon Pegg , Kate Ashfield , Nick Frost , Dylan Moran , Lucy Davis , Penelope Wilton

Director: Edgar Wright

This looks hilarious, and my son really wants to see it. I hear it's breaking records in England; it's very popular. I plan to see it eventually.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I plan on seeing this really soon, I have the R2 DVD.
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

The previous are really really funny, but I think I'll still wait for the rental.

I'm totally looking forward to seeing this. I watched an IFC special on it, and it looks hilarious.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

It is great. You guys got to watch it. Funny and a lot of zombie gore goodness.

Got around to watching this. It's funny, not too scary, and has a couple of gory scenes. But it does raise some interesting ideas about if zombies really existed, would people really notice?
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I'm totally looking forward to seeing this. I watched an IFC special on it, and it looks hilarious.
    When was the IFC special on? Are they showing it again? I love IFC! This movie looks great!

I loved this movie... I just love british humor. There were some gory scenes.. but a worthy movie to watch.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Great movie with a Bertrand Russell quote to boot! Loved it!

+ Reply to Thread