+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mr. 3000 - 9/17

Mr. 3000 - 9/17

Release Date: 9/17/2004 Comedy, Sports Rated: PG-13 Runtime: 1 hr 43 mins

From Hollywood.com

Stan Ross, an arrogant and jaded baseball star--who is revered by many, but liked by few--retires from the sport, as soon as he achieves his 3,000th base hit. His goal was to earn his place within the elite group of players who have achieved that distinction, and he did it--or so he thought. Now, however, after three of those hits have been disqualified, the Hall of Famer is forced to return to the game, and play once again for his former team, the Milwaukee Brewers, in order to re-set his now tarnished record and earn those three hits. Along the way, he discovers that the experience renews his love for the sport, and reminds him what it was like at the very beginning of his career, as he finds himself imparting some of this knowledge to an enthusiastic, young rookie whom he mentors.
    Cast: Bernie Mac , Angela Bassett , Dondre Whitfield , Evans Jones , Earl Billings

Director: Charles Stone, III

Jay
    I'm not a huge fan of Bernie Mac but I must admit that I chuckled at the preview.

I did too.
    Like you, Jay, Bernie Mac doesn't generally do a lot for me, but from the previews the movie does look like it might be fun.

Saw this movie last night because it was the only movie that wasn't sold out. So going into it I was not looking forward to it. But was pleasantly surprised. I laughed out loud MANY times. I would recommend it as a DVD rental but not for a $8.50 movie ticket purchase.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I am a Brewer fan and may have to see it just for that.

+ Reply to Thread