+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Dirty Shame - 9/17

A Dirty Shame - 9/17

Release Date: 9/17/2004 Comedy Rated: NC-17 Runtime: 1 hr 29 mins

From Hollywood.com

Lust is in the air on Harford Road and Sylvia Stickles, a grumpy, repressed middle-aged Baltimorean, doesn't like it. Though Sylvia's handsome husband Vaughn still has marital urges, his wife could not be less interested -- she has more important things to do. Not only does Sylvia run the family's Pinewood Park and Pay convenience store, she's also responsible for watching over her exhibitionist daughter Caprice. A go-go dancer known to her adoring fans as Ursula Udders, Caprice and her stupendously enlarged breasts are currently under house arrest after several "nude and disorderly" violations. But Sylvia's world is turned upside down one day after suffering a concussion in a freak traffic accident. Sexy tow-truck driver Ray-Ray Perkins rushes to her aid, and the stricken Sylvia realizes he is no ordinary service man; he's a sexual healer who brings Sylvia's hidden cauldron of lust to the boiling point.
    Cast: Tracey Ullman , Johnny Knoxville , Selma Blair , Mink Stole , Patricia Hearst , Chris Isaak

Director: John Waters

i hope its still playing out here. if so i might see it and review it. But the previews are SO funny:
    "I came here to service you"

I'm pretty sure that I won't be seeing it in any theater around here. NC-17 seems to be the kiss of death (theatrically) around here. I really want to see this as I have heard this is a return to the John Waters of old (read: Not Hairspray or Cry Baby - nothing wrong with those films, but they are tame to his older films).
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

I actually want to see this one. I haven't seen trailers, but I do like Selma Blair. And, well...I can actually go see it, that is, if it comes out in a theatre around me. I hope it does though...I've never actually seen an NC-17 movie at my theatre.

+ Reply to Thread