+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gunmen Attempt To Kidnap Zeta Jones

Gunmen Attempt To Kidnap Zeta Jones

Gunmen Attempt To Kidnap Zeta Jones

Gunmen have attempted to kidnap actress Catherine Zeta Jones as she returned from a movie shoot in Mexico. The gang tried to force her car off the road, but she was saved by bodyguards in a separate vehicle, who rammed the bandits' car and then gave chase.Four people have been arrested after a car chase in San Luis Potosi, four hours north of Mexico City.

A source close to the Welsh-born star, who is filming Legend of Zorro, told The Sun: "She was really shaken."

The 34-year-old mother of two and her co-star Antonio Banderas have been surrounded by massive security because Mexico is notorious for kidnapping.

The gang struck as Catherine was being taken back to her rented beachside villa.

She is due to be in Mexico until Christmas working on the sequel to the 1998 movie The Mask of Zorro.

Source: Yahoo News UK

Torley Wong sings a song! Torley Wong's Avatar
    Thank goodness she's safe. I hope the kidnappers are punished harshly. Too many problems in this world already -- geez, she's an entertainer.

Kinapping and robbery are commonplace in Mexico if you show signs of being wealthy. I read my spanish soap celebrity magazines on a regular basis and there's always some Mexican celeb reporting they were mugged or had their car stolen. Two older sisters of crossover artist Thalia (Tommy Mottola's wife) were kidnapped and held for a million dollar ransom for several months a few years ago.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

What gets me is that she's already in the middle of this trial for the stalker that wanted to kill her, and threatened to do so several times over the last two years. I can't imagine what must have been going through her mind when this happened. I couldn't help thinking, despite knowing that kidnapping happens a lot in the area, that the two could possibly be related.

She isn't being given the time to get over one trauma before being pushed into the next. She's down there shooting the Zorro sequel, just trying to do her job. I think it will take her a long time to really feel safe.

+ Reply to Thread