+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paparazzi - 09/03

Paparazzi - 09/03

Release Date: 9/3/2004 Drama, Thriller Rated: PG-13 Runtime: 1 hr 25 mins
    From Hollywood.com

Paparazzi--they are chroniclers of Hollywood glitz and glamour, and key players in the public’s insatiable appetite for information and photos about their favorite stars. They seem to never sleep, hunters who trail their prey--the show business elite--at all hours of the day and night. They are as much a part of gala premieres as are the bright lights and red carpets. And their photos can make or break a career. For rising action superstar Bo Laramie, a quartet of paparazzi is at first an annoyance, then an ever-disturbing presence. But when they threaten his family’s safety, it will be the last mistake they ever make. Bo seems to have it all: a beautiful wife, an adoring son and a Malibu beach house. Life couldn’t be better. But his newfound fame comes with a price. He’s become a target of a team of four paparazzi bent on making Bo and his family fodder for the tabloids, to nearly ruinous effect for the Laramies. The paparazzi and their weapons of choice--high-powered zoom lenses--stalk Bo everywhere. He accepts the typical invasion into his privacy, until photos of his wife, Abby, and his son, Zach, begin appearing on covers of one particularly sleazy tabloid called Paparazzi. All efforts to convince the photographers to spare his family are ignored, and when Bo has a fight with one “superstar” paparazzi, Rex, the actor is sentenced to anger-management therapy--while Rex walks away unpunished. The 'Paparazzi' paparazzi become increasingly relentless, ruthless--even criminal. One night, while trying to get “the shot,” they force Bo and his family into a high-speed car chase that ends in a terrible accident, sending Abby into intensive care and 6-year-old Zach into a coma. Veteran Los Angeles police detective Burton believes Bo’s version of the accident, but when Burton can’t make the case against the photographers, Bo seeks vengeance on his own. And the paparazzi start falling--one by one.
    Cast: Cole Hauser , Robin Tunney , Dennis Farina , Tom Sizemore , Wendy Braun

Director: Paul Abascal , Daryn Okada

Producer: Mel Gibson , Bruce Davey , Steve McEveety , Louise Rosner , Kevin Lake

I saw a trailer for this when I saw Open Water. It looked pretty good. Definitely want to check this one out.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    To me, it sounds like Mel trying to send the paparazzi a warning that he might go crazy It does sound pretty good, though.

I find it interesting timing that the film is released around the anniversary of Princess Di's death.

toothdoc

The guy in the movie certainly looks creepy.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

All... I saw this movie last night and I would say it definitely did not disappoint. My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The movie starts off with Cole Hauser (why have I missed him over the years??? He's a cutie!) leaving his family and walking the red carpet. With all of the screaming and cameras flashing.. it just really gives you the impression that this is just not a fun aspect of being a celebrity. The flashes are blinding, the screams are deafening, the inability to focus on any one area because you're figuratively being pulled in many directions is just maddening.

I don't want to talk about the plot line specifically because I would like everyone to completely feel the picture, but... Tom Sizemore's character is absolutely creepy. Many similarities to Princess Diana's tragedy. Lots of insider one-liners and humor that only Mel Gibson can interject into his movies.

Just a tragic movie with a style all its own. I think this will be a sleeper *hit*, although not a blockbuster.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread