+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 13 going on 30

13 going on 30

13 going on 30

Just caught the movie yesterday. Overall was a funny light-hearted movie. Of course had it's usual cliche's (like any other movie, which encounter the whole body'switch bit) but it still had some of its own original bit.

I don't watch Alias, so I don't really know Jennifer Garner's style, but I thought she was great. the plot is alright, there were some bits where my friends and I just laughed our heads off so bad, and some parts where were like "gee...as if we didn't know that would happen" sort of reaction.

Overall, a funny movie -- family'ish movie.

4/5

*spoiler*

the bit with the hockey guy doing the strip-tease = *priceless* I was laughing so hard my stomach was hurting

*end spoiler*

Apple obsessed goddess Tangerinejoy's Avatar
    I didn't really like it. I hate movies that somehow make cheating on your spouse seem right (Aka the wedding planner, the sweetest thing, 13 going on 30, etc) and I also thought she acted too naive to be 13. She acted more like six. Though it was a cute movie overall, but like you said... cliche. o.o

I really enjoyed it. Watched it twice

I had read bad reviews (mostly people upset because the music they played wasn't popular at the same time in the 80's or something).

I've decided I like it when I read bad reviews, as then I expect a bad movie and 90% of the time I'm pleasantly surprised.

The Hockey player scene was funny as hell. I have to say though, that I don't think she was naive... when you think of how things have changed since the 80's Or maybe I'm naive

My daughters boyfriend bought it for her, for her birthday... He watched it because he likes Jennfer Garner
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

at disneyland riding all the rides...weeeeeeeee
    i really enjoyed the movie. jennifer garner gave a great performance. and of course i loved it because ANDY SERKIS(gollum/smegol in lotr) is in it. The story line is very cute and most girls can realate to how jenna feels when she is 13 and wants something more

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I have to say though, that I don't think she was naive... when you think of how things have changed since the 80's Or maybe I'm naive
    I agree. Being 13 in the early 80s is night and day different from being 13 today. I think my 10 year old niece is a little more *worldly* than I was at 13.

That being said, I still found myself wanting to smack her into sensibility during several of the *adult* scenes. Sometimes it just kind of dragged, but... I loved the movie.

Blue_cool... this is a fun departure from Jennifer Garner's typical style. Give "Alias" a try, too.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

i loved this movie, saw it in the theatre, and of course bought it the day it came out on dvd

at disneyland riding all the rides...weeeeeeeee
    Andy serkis is hilarious in this movie. It was really fun to see him as a crazed magazine editor in chief. It was a big difference from his theater carrier as serious men and then of course it was so different from being the voice and body of a riverfook creature who is obsessed with the ring of power. u all know him as gollum/smeagol. Its incredible how the girl who played young Lucy and Judy(adult Lucy) look so alike, Its the same with young Jenna and then Jennifer garner, they matched them so well, The music in the movie is also so much fun. I know being born in the 90s i wasn't part of the 80s music but i loved hearing songs like Jesse's Girl, Thriller and Love is a Battle Field.
    They did a great job on this film

I saw this movie once and it wasn't too bad. Before I saw this film I was a little nervous about potentially yucky situations for a 13 year old in a 30 yr old's body, but the way the film went about the switch to, and the switch back, from the two ages was great and there were really no worries.

Andy did do a great job and (happily) left all the rolling around and raw fish flinging back in the LOTR series.

+ Reply to Thread