+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ray, the movie about Ray Charles' life...

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...

Ray, the movie about Ray Charles' life...

I saw an ad for a movie that will be out soon. It is called, "Ray" and is about the life story of the singer, Ray Charles. It looked very interesting, and I noticed that the look of the film will have a richness to it. The scenery was gorgeous and it had an authentic look as far as costuming and settings. Of course, I bet the musical soundtrack will be great!

Has anyone heard anything about this movie?
    Just take a breath and relax...everything's going to be just fine...

They may change the title to "Unchain My Heart", which is what they were calling it during the preview I saw at the theater. I can't wait for this one, the preview alone moved me; and, it looks like Jamie does an excellent job with the part. I really feel he is picking the right parts and slowly, but surely, becoming a great young actor.
    Sing & dance the night away!

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I saw the preview for this when I last went to the movies. It looks really interesting but I'm not sure when it comes out.

i saw the trailer for it today in the theatre, it looks quite good, at first i was like jamie foxx???? but he looks like he played the part well

it looks like they show in the movie his childhood and how he was going blind....how sad

i also think it looks like it will be very good. i predict that jamie foxx will get a nomination for an academy award. just the short clip shows he did an incredible job of acting the part of ray charles.
    ladybugbaby

It's been shown at the Toronto International Film Festival. I saw it yesterday. It was AMAZING. An exceptionally good performance from Jamie Foxx.. I honestly didn't know he was capable of that much depth.. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets an Oscar Nomination for it.

The movie is great, the music.. well it's Ray Charles.. so it's excellent.. I totally recommend people see it when it comes out.

I just saw the preview tonight when I went to see Bourne Supremacy with my husband. I believe they are still calling it "Ray". I had no idea he was into drugs. Wow!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Jamie looks so much like Ray Charles. I thought it was neat.

I didn't know it was a theatrical release though? I thought it was just a made-for-tv-movie. Seems like it will be very good though.

Judging by the previews I saw I'm going to go out on a limb and say Jamie Foxx gets an Oscar Nomination. Of course the proof ins in the pudding,but in the previews he looked a lot like Ray Charles and had the mannerisms and voice inflections down.

+ Reply to Thread