+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hero - 08/20

i am just upset this came out in china last year. so alot of people are goin to buy that DVD instead.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I just saw the movie tonight and it blew me away. The cinematography, story, and cast is outstanding. Definitely a must see on big screen, do not wait to rent it.

Just came back from it. That was the closest thing to a poem I've ever seen in a movie. At one point, when countless yellow petals all turn red, you can almost picture a poem's words describing just what is happening. The movie is not slow, but patient with its story and its style. A+ cinematography.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

For the people who've seen it in the theater, is this movie dubbed or subtitled?

Thanks!

Subtitled
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

It's an ok plot compared to the other movies that has a similar genre here in HK but the cinematography is great!
    It's won I think around 7 HK awards last year.

The movie had a good message to it, but of course, my friends didn't get it because they just wanted to see more of the kick-a*s martial arts. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon had a much better story (at least imo), but Hero definitely has bettter cinematography. The colors just brought the scenes alive.

The running on water scenes made me chuckle, even though, I expected to see some crazy stuff like that.

I have to say that if I had known it would be subtitled, I wouldn've just rented it. I hate subtitled movies. I much prefer them dubbed.

I loved this movie. I'm not a Jet Li fan. And I could hardly be considered a fan of the genre (even though I did see The Blind Swordsman just a couple weeks ago, for 9 hard earned dollars). But nonetheless I loved this movie in every aspect.

I just got back from this movie and...wow.The Cinematography alone made this movie amazing. The scene where the yellow pedals turn to red, the arrows flying threw the sky, the fight scenes, the story. Everything made this movie great. I agree with what everyone said about it being a poem, the use of color was brilliant and every single scene had a spectacular setting and layout to it. I loved the scene with the rain while he was fighting Sky. If you have not seen this movie yet go see it! I almost saw 'Without a Paddle' instead of this, I am glad my $8 was well spent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12