+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Village Spoilers

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    2. I have trouble understanding Noah's actions. Was he trying to kill Ivy at the end? Just scare her? If he was trying to kill her, why didn't he do it before she left town - it would have been easier. If that is explained by him being mentally handicapped then how do you explain the amount of planning that went into having him find the elders' shed, put on the costume, and stalk Ivy for some time in the woods. Also, why did he put the monster's costume on at all? Ivy can't see him, and she would be the only one outside. It looks like something that does not flow with a character's motivations but is there just for the movie's scaring purposes.
    Noah killed Joaquin because of his engagement to Ivy. Noah was in love with Ivy and his "speacial" way of protecting her was to keep her from leaving the woods to get medicine. On that day, he charged just past her not at her trying to scare her into going back. She remembered the ditch and used it as a trap, to kill Noah the monster.

Noah Didn't kill Lucius. Lucius survived because of Ivy bringing the medicine.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Noah Didn't kill Lucius. Lucius survived because of Ivy bringing the medicine.
    I meant stabbed.

Just a question. The guy that rang the bell when he saw the "creature" looked really familiar to me. Have I seen him in other movies? I don't know what his character name is so I don't know who to look for in the credits on the website.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

He looked really familiar to me too, but I don't know his character's name either.

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    Noah killed Joaquin because of his engagement to Ivy. Noah was in love with Ivy and his "speacial" way of protecting her was to keep her from leaving the woods to get medicine. On that day, he charged just past her not at her trying to scare her into going back. She remembered the ditch and used it as a trap, to kill Noah the monster.
    How do you know he wasn't charging at her and missed? By that I mean how do you know his only intention was to scare her and not harm her? Maybe he was mad at her engagement to Lucius and when she slapped him repeatedly that put him over the edge and he wanted to kill her.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by realitycrazmom
    After seeing this movie for the second time, maybe I can help.....

Now, with Noah's going after Ivy in the woods. First of all, the hole he fell into was man-made. When Ivy first fell in, she falls through boards, not roots or branches. It was a long enough drop to kill a person, especially if they are in a heavy and cumbersome outfit with large, sharp quills on the backside. My guess---those traps were probably put there by the elders as a means to either trap anyone who ventured into the woods or for those who might just hop the fence and go snooping around.
    I thought that the hole was a result of an uprooted tree. I do not remember any boards, but if they were there they could have been placed across the hole by the elders(Ivy's Dad)for safety after the tree was uprooted.

I thought it was interesting how the siren from the patrol car was used as the cry of the monster in the woods.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Just a question. The guy that rang the bell when he saw the "creature" looked really familiar to me. Have I seen him in other movies? I don't know what his character name is so I don't know who to look for in the credits on the website.
    His name is Michael Pitt, here's his page at the IMDB:

http://imdb.com/name/nm0685856/

Murder By Numbers! That's where I've seen him before!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Bumping in case someone puts stuff in the other village thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast