+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Manchurian Candiate - 7/30

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    oh, and Streep's Hillary impersonation was cracking me up. Senator from NY, the hairstyle was the same, hilarious.
    Yeah, I thought it was hilarious. Gotta love that Streep. I want to rent the original as well seeing as everyone is saying the original was better.

i followed it all up until the cover up at the end.....i didn't know who it was they planted the assasination on??????
    Last edited by snickers; 08-21-2004 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    i followed it all up until the cover up at the end.....i didn't know who it was they planted the assasination on??????
    Snickers.. the person they blamed the assassination on was a known operative of Manchurian Global, the company that had made the mind altering chip and employed the doctor that performed the operations.

Interesting to portray the FBI as an empathetic entity that wouldn't allow Denzel Washington's character to take the fall when he had obviously been brainwashed. But, it also served to squelch public knowledge of the technology and its use. Widespread skepticism and distrust would ensue (like they needed more fuel added to the fire? lol)
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

i wish i could agree with all of you on how good this was. i was looking forward to seeing this film as soon as i saw the early previews. it is no where near as good as the original. i love denzel washington too and think he is good in the movie, but my heavens it moves as slow as m o l a s s e s.
    slow, slower and slowest. i found myself nodding off quite a few times. my husband had to nudge me. i was very disappointed in this factor of the movie. it really had no pizazz till the very end and then even that petered out.
    ladybugbaby

thanks broadway

i kinda figured it was someone from the company, but they showed the shot so fast i didn't recognize who it was

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12