+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did you know?

Did you know?

I thought it would be cool to have a thread for just general movie trivia.

Last night, I was watching one of my all-time favorite movies, Ferris Bueller's Day Off. After the movie ended, I started listening to the commentary by John Hughes, who wrote and directed the film. I discovered many interesting tidbits, but the one that I thought was really cool was this:

Mr. and Mrs. Bueller (Lyman Ward and Cindy Pickett) wound up getting married after filming ended. I've always thought they really look like a married couple, and I guess that's why. They were falling in love at the time. Coincidentally, Matthew Broderick was dating Jennifer Grey (his kid sister in the movie) at the time, too.

Anyone else have some interesting movie trivia they want to post? Or any comments about my li'l tidbit?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Great idea for a thread, Paulie!

The first bit of trivia that pops into my mind is that the script for "The Bodyguard" was actually written 10 years or so earlier than when the film came out. It was originally written as a vehicle for Diana Ross.

They should've done it then because they could have avoided Kevin "Man of Wooden Features" Costner and his chimpanzee haircut.

More trivia: Jean-Claude Van Damme was originally the Predator in the classis Schwarzenegger film. It was felt that his monster wasn't scary enough, though, so a new Predator was created.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Jean-Claude Van Damme is a star because he approached the same agent that had turned down Arnold previously.

The agent said "I made a huge mistake when the last muscle-bound Austrian guy told me he was going to make it big, I wasn't going to make the same mistake twice."

In Caddyshack (the greatest movie ever made...) Bill Murray improvised the Cinderella Story scene.

Oh, and from imdb.com:

Animal House - Donald Sutherland was so convinced of the movie's lack of potential, that, when offered a percent of the gross or an upfront payment of $40,000, he took the upfront payment. Had he taken the gross percentage he would have been worth an additional $30-40 million.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Pulp Fiction trivia!

When Butch (Bruce Willis) goes to leave the pawn shop after freeing himself, he pauses for a moment - he can either go to Tennessee and collect his money, or go back to help Marsellus Wallace (Ving Rhames). Near to where he pauses is a Tennessee license plate, and a neon sign for "Killians Red" on a shelf. The only letters that are still lit spell "Kill ed". We are then shown a shot of Zed's keyring with the "Z" trinket: we are left with the subliminal message "Kill Zed."

Back To The Future trivia!

In the beginning when they show all the clocks at Doc's house, there's one clock with a little man hanging from the minute hand.

Sixteen Candles trivia!

Jim Carrey auditioned for the part as the geek but it was rewarded to the biggest 80's geek Anthony M. Hall....

The Godfather Trivia

Did you know that the baby they used for the baptismal scene in Godfather Part I is the same girl that fell in love with Andy Garcia in Part III who just so happens to be the real life daughter of Francis Ford Coppolla?

FORT Fogey
    In the movie The little Princess - remake,, all the shots in the school are shot in shades of green,, every scene will have some signifigant shades of green,,

In the 6th sense there is always a signifigant use of RED right before a big dead people event happens.. ie the red balloon, the red tent etc..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast