+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith! **Plot Spoilers Inside**

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar

Star Wars, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith! **Plot Spoilers Inside**

It has a name, yay!! And it's good.... I almost shed a tear.

http://starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/...s20040724.html

Special Announcement: Episode III Title
    July 24, 2004

starwars.com is pleased to announce that Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith is the full title of the next Star Wars film, scheduled for release on May 19, 2005.

The Sith are masters of the dark side of the Force and the sworn enemies of the Jedi. They were all but exterminated by the Jedi a thousand years ago, but the evil order continued in secrecy. They operated quietly, behind the scenes, acting in pairs - a Master and an Apprentice - patiently biding their time before they could take over the galaxy. In Episode III, they'll finally exact their revenge on the Jedi.

The title was publicly revealed today in a special presentation to a packed audience of Star Wars fans at Comic-Con International in San Diego, California. "For some time now, the naming of a new Star Wars movie has taken on some special meaning among core fans, who love to take part in guessing games before a title is announced, and then engage in debate once it is," said Steve Sansweet, Director of Content Management and Head of Fan Relations for Lucasfilm. "Let the debates begin."

About Episode III
    After three long years of relentless fighting, the Clone Wars are nearly at an end. The Jedi Council dispatches Obi-Wan Kenobi to bring General Grievous, the deadly leader of the Separatist droid army, to justice. Meanwhile, back on Coruscant, Chancellor Palpatine has grown in power. His sweeping political changes transform the war-weary Republic into the mighty Galactic Empire. To his closest ally, Anakin Skywalker, he reveals the true nature of power and the promised secrets of the Force in an attempt to lure him to the dark side.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Meesa not gonna watch it! Meesa still pissed at episodes I and II!
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

3rd castle on the right with a bunch of flying monkeys. do not disturb. really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    Meesa not gonna watch it! Meesa still pissed at episodes I and II!
    *sigh* did george and jk rowling get together and decide to come up with bad names for their up coming projects. my hubby likes it but,
    It's you and me against the world...we attack at dawn.

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    Revenge of the Sith isn't bad..... but one of the working titles was "Birth of an Empire" that would have owned

Yep, let the ROTS jokes begin
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    lol your right half blood prince sucked. I dont know I didnt like episode II and I dont know if I'll even bother seeing it

Wow. I'm surprised at all the negative vibes. I can't wait to see it, honestly, and I think it's a fine title. I'm hopeful that Lucas will correct some of the errors in judgement that were introduced in the first two episodes of the new trilogy. He has a lot of ground to cover, and he could make everything better by really sticking the landing on this last offering. I'm an optimist, sure, but I think he could do exactly that. This is the movie the other two have been pointing towards. It could be a real triumph. Let's hope so.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

My main concern is that Lucas has left himself so many loose ends to tie up in this one film. Taking Anakin from a lost young man to a cold-blooded Darth Vader in one movie might seem rushed. I'm hoping that he goes back to basics with this last installment. He's tried to get too complicated in his storytelling, I think. The Original Trilogy was a simple, clean story. The prequels havent been and have suffered for it, imo.
    Now, I'll still be camped out on the sidewalk to see the midnight showing, so I guess you can call me an optimist, too. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with it.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Optimist!

No, it's definitely a valid concern that he may have bitten off more than he can chew for this final film. He does have a lot of ground to cover. And, yeah, his storytelling has suffered in the prequels or else he's lost his touch or something. I just think this is the one episode he's probably been thinking of in deep detail since the time frame of the original trilogy. I think he made up some of the stuff we've seen in Episodes I and II right around the same time he made those movies. The mythology of what happens to cause Anakin to turn has been in his head since at least 1983, when you first started hearing rumors of Obi-Wan knocking Anakin into a boiling-hot volcano during a fight (and can I say, I really hope that's not what we actually see in Episode III). I think the fact that this episode's been percolating in his head for over 20 years is why I'm so hopeful he'll get it right this time. I'm sure I'll be camping out that first night, too, just to find out.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

i do look forward to see how they do this transformation

i thought episode 2 was a great improvement from 1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast