+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith! **Plot Spoilers Inside**

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Minority of two. I love Jar Jar Binks! I love all 5 of the movies!! Can't wait for Revenge of the Sith!!!

*And meesa thinks Zaius will go see it, no matter what he says.*
    Thanks, Qboots. I agree with everything you said. I've actually allowed myself "a movie day" now and then, where I've watched all five, one after the other. I've done the same with the LOTR trilogy.

Be the first Star Wars fan on your block to own ........ Darth Tater!

Darth Tater: The dark side of Mr. Potato Head

PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island (AP) -- A spud on the dark side.

That's how toy maker Hasbro Inc. is promoting its latest Mr. Potato Head figure, Darth Tater.

The toy spud will be available next month, ahead of the May release of "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith," the latest installment in that film series.

Darth Tater will come with a light saber, cape and helmet, in addition to the regular Mr. Potato Head accessories such as eyes, mouth and nose.

The Pawtucket-based toy maker says children will be able to "have all kinds of mix n' match, Mr. Potato Head fun with this wacky spud dressed as the infamous `Star Wars' villain, Darth Vader."

The toy will retail in the United States for $7.99.

"Star Wars: Episode III," starring Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman, will open in U.S. theaters on May 19.
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/fun.gam....doll.ap/index
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Wow. I'm surprised at all the negative vibes. I can't wait to see it, honestly, and I think it's a fine title. I'm hopeful that Lucas will correct some of the errors in judgement that were introduced in the first two episodes of the new trilogy. He has a lot of ground to cover, and he could make everything better by really sticking the landing on this last offering. I'm an optimist, sure, but I think he could do exactly that. This is the movie the other two have been pointing towards. It could be a real triumph. Let's hope so.
    So am I, Paulie. I liked the first two, not as much as the original trilogy, but there was an element of surprise in the first ones that could no way be sustained in the prequels, no matter what Lucas did.

Sorry folks, but I even liked Jar Jar. I own all 5 films and will no doubt buy this one when it's available.

Apparently FOX is going to air the trailer next Thursday, March 10 during The O.C.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Apparently FOX is going to air the trailer next Thursday, March 10 during The O.C.
    You know, I would have had no clue about that had you not mentioned that. Guess I'll keep my eyes open during the commercials.

I can't wait. I was ridiculously excited at the theatre the other day when I saw a poster for it.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I too am getting ansty for the opener <---re: picture 5 year old standing in line for bathroom, shifting and buckling over.

I've enjoyed all five movies so far. Yeah, Jar Jar could've taken an early ride to animated heaven, but looking back, I still think they have all been great. I'm almost sad that there will be no more.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I'm almost sad that there will be no more.
    Believe it or not:

Episode 7 Synopsis

Episode 8 Synopsis

Episode 9 Synopsis

I don't know where this "Supershadow" is getting his stuff, but it was his/her site, I think, where I first read the spoilers for Episode 1. I remember they were 95 percent accurate.

There have been rumors of Episodes 7, 8 and 9 for years, though. The first time I read about them online, they were supposed to involve some crazy plot where the Emperor's clone re-engages the New Republic at war, and Anakin and Amidala's clones lead the Republic to victory over the clone-Emperor. And then the Republic becomes a glorious New Empire under the Anakin and Amidala clones.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

well about lucas and episodes 7,8,9 he keeps changing his mind

he says he's gonna do it, then he says no, then he says yes

so dont give up hope

i'm pretty sure right now he's on a "yes"

Last I heard, George wasn't going to do another. At the same time, that won't stop someone making it FOR him.

IMO, though, the more Star Wars, the better. Episodes 7+ would have lesser expectations because it's not following up original movies, but at the same time, the hype around it will be crazy insane, and has to make sure it doesn't try too many new things.

+ Reply to Thread