+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bourne Supremacy - 07/23

The Bourne Supremacy - 07/23

From Yahoo Movies

'The Bourne Supremacy' re-enters the shadowy world of expert assassin Jason Bourne (Matt Damon), who continues to find himself plagued by splintered nightmares from his former life. The stakes are now even higher for the agent as he coolly maneuvers through the dangerous waters of international espionage - replete with CIA plots, turncoat agents and ever-shifting covert alliances - all the while hoping to find the truth behind his haunted memories and answers to his own fragmented past.
    Release Date: July 23rd, 2004 (wide).
    MPAA Rating: PG-13 for violence and intense action, and for brief language.
    Distributor: Universal Pictures
    Drama, Action/Adventure and Thriller
    1 hr. 48 min.

Cast and Credits

Starring: Matt Damon, Franka Potente, Brian Cox, Joan Allen, Julia Stiles

Directed by: Paul Greengrass
    Produced by: Pat Crowley, Paul Sandberg, Frank Marshall, Paul L Sandberg, Patrick Crowley
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm looking forward to it. I was pleasantly surprised by the first one, as I was expecting a boring Damon action flick and got more. From the trailer, this one looks just as good or better.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

, zaius. (Actually the book is better, in my opinion, so I'm hopeful on the film, too)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

FORT Fan
    I'm adding Paul Greengrass to my Bad Directors List for his chaotic methods of filming action sequences. I didn't like the rapid-fire edits of Identity, and I REALLY don't like the Earthquake-cam techniques that are used in Supremacy. Some of the car chases seemed like they could have been really cool, but someone went and hooked the camera up to a paint mixer. Maybe this is what passes as excitement for some, but I just think it's grounds for a motion sickness warning.

As for the the rest of the movie, it's average action/thriller material. I think the idea was to make the plot complicated enough that you'd stop thinking about it at all. If you've seen the first movie everything will make a little more sense but I don't think it's important. Some of the returning characters' scenes won't interest you as much, but it's all just an excuse for the action anyway. You'll follow along as well as the rest of us as long as you know the basic background of Matt Damon's character (He was one of several super-assassins for the covert CIA operation codenamed "Treadstone". He lost his memory, fought back, broke them down, got most of his memory back, and hoped to live out a normal life with his girl.)

Matt Damon is sufficiently hardcore as Jason Bourne, despite the fact that he's Matt Damon. Watching him stay one step ahead of their ridiculously impressive surveilance capabilities doesn't get old. Pamela Landing, played by Joan Allen, is an interesting addition to the cast who should have had more to do. Julia Stiles is still around because she's apparently having trouble finding work. Brian Cox gives a good performance as a lousy character.

Maybe it's just not my kind of moive. I'm not a fan of the "I didn't murder anyone so I'm going to kill you all until you believe me" genre.

My Grade: D+
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

I thought it was a great movie. I was at the edge of my seat throught the whole movie because the movie was as intense as the first one. It still had all the cloak-and-dagger mystery of the first one. Could've done without the shaky technique of filming the car chase because it was one heck of a car chase.

Joan Allen's performance was very strong, imo. Matt Damon is still pretty believable as Jason Boerne. I don't understand why Julia Stiles is in this movie or the first one for that matter. Her character is minimal and anyone could've played that part, imo. I didn't know Karl Urban, who played Eomer in ROTK, was going to be in the movie. He looked so much thinner. I just love his intense-looking eyes.

It's not as good as the first one, but I would still recommend it.

Jay
    I thought the film wasn't as good as the original. Joan Allen did a great job and Julia Stiles was there for window dressing. The car chases were awesome. I hated the shaky cam method of filming. Warning to those who are planning to see the movie, you may experience dizziness. I had a headache after the movie.

It was exciting....

But, I dont know why, I just didnt like it

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    I thought the film wasn't as good as the original. Joan Allen did a great job and Julia Stiles was there for window dressing. The car chases were awesome. I hated the shaky cam method of filming. Warning to those who are planning to see the movie, you may experience dizziness. I had a headache after the movie.
    Agreed. I had problems concentrating on the movie because of the shaky cam thing. I've heard that the shaky cam thing has actually made some people physically sick. Top marks for the car chase though; that's the one thing I loved about the original, the fantastic car chase.

I really enjoyed the movie (just saw it Saturday night). The bouncy camera thing made it hard to see certain scenes very well, but I still thought the car chase was incredible. So gritty, realistic, and raw. And, you know, I really don't like Matt Damon in general. But he's awesome as Jason Bourne. I love how he's always 2 to 3 moves ahead of everyone, and he thinks on the fly so well. He's just a great action hero.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

i saw this today....i liked it, but i think i may have liked the first one better, but this was still good

a little more sad....and i also didn't like the shaky cam scenes....but i liked seeing the guy from lotr in it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast