+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A "Friends" Movie?

A "Friends" Movie?

It looks like a movie based on the popular TV sitcom Friends may finally go into production. The film would see all six cast members hitting the big screen together in a plot that may see some of them revealing more than in the TV show. The IMDB reports,

The film antics of the New York buddies will be far more risque than the televised shows and could include sex and nudity. A studio source says, "Without those pesky American television network censors, it will be much more adult and will even include nudity." Reports suggest that hunky air head Joey Tribbiani played by Matt LeBlanc will be the one to disrobe first. The source says, "Matt has a huge female following, not to mention gay men. They will likely flock to the movie to see him bare all."

It is thought that a promise of a movie adaptation persuaded the cast to stay on for one last series, the tenth, which films this year. It is thought that David Schwimmer, Matt Le Blanc, Lisa Kudrow, Courtenay Cox, Jennifer Aniston and Matthew Perry will all receive $9 million for the movie, plus a share of the profits. That's on top of the $930,000 that they will get per episode for the tenth series.

Expect the movie to feature a whole bunch of cameos. People that have appeared in the TV show include Julia Roberts, Tom Selleck, Brad Pitt, Giovanni Ribisi, Jon Lovitz, Helen Hunt, George Clooney, Bruce Willis, Elliott Gould and Jon Favreau.

I think that would be hilarious. Especially if this is there last season. What a way to go out! Or....would there be sequels? Hehe!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Well, the show's been renewed for next season, Feif. As the article suggests, I wonder if the idea of a "Friends" movie had something to do with the cast signing up for another season?

Interesting.

I must say, of all the guest stars, Giovanni Ribisi was my favourite. I hope they bring him back.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I can't imagine any of the regular cast going nude.
    If "Joey" does strip off you know we won't get to see "it".

I love Giovanni Ribisi.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I am sure that the movie would come out after the last season though.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Which is probably why they signed on for another season. If this was their last season - by the time they were finished making the movie, no one would care about Friends anymore.

Great marketing idea, really.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I'm sorry, but the idea of a Friends movie just annoys the crap out of me. I'm not sure why, really. It just seems stupid.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I don't like the idea either Paulie.
    I think this series has been generally weak and I would certainly have no desire to sit in a theatre watching a movie about them.
    "That's Numberwang!"

i have to say two things...
    i'll see the movie in the theater as i'm still a fan of "friends"
    and
    i LOVE giovanni ribisi!!!! his sister was in the first few episodes of the first season of felicity. funny!
    Last edited by sher; 01-04-2003 at 12:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast