+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USA Today - Celebs to Watch in 2003

USA Today - Celebs to Watch in 2003

Catch a soaring star (or falling celeb) in 2003
    Tue Dec 31, 7:28 AM

Ann Oldenburg USA TODAY

Stargazing is a favorite pastime in the USA -- and we don't mean looking toward the heavens. Who will make headlines in the next year? Here are our picks for Celebs to Watch in 2003:

1. Ben Affleck (news) and Jennifer Lopez (news). You may wish they'd go quietly on their way after all the press they got this year. But with a wedding in the works, as well as their first movie together, Gigli, due in August, the couple will stay high-profile throughout the new year.

2. Brad Pitt (news) and Jennifer Aniston (news). Friends has been renewed, but we'll be watching to see whether the couple's next project goes as planned: the pitter-patter of a new little Pitt.

3. Demi Moore (news). Photos of her looking fit and fabulous at 40 in a bikini from the filming of summer's Charlie's Angels sequel were enough to prompt People magazine to do a cover story on her. The movie will be big, and so will the interest in Demi.

4. Reese Witherspoon (news). Legally Blonde 2 goes to Washington, and when the movie opens in July, it will make her more beloved than ever. Even husband Ryan Phillippe (news) admits he gets counseling to help him cope with her stardom.

5. Julia Roberts (news) and Danny Moder. She is known for falling hard but loving 'em and leaving 'em. Has she found Mr. Right in her new hubby?

6. Russell Crowe (news). He's engaged to Danielle Spencer (news), and he has a big, swashbuckling adventure film due in June called Master and Commander.

7. Leonardo DiCaprio (news). If Gangs of New York and Catch Me If You Can catch on, the newly single Leo could be back on top as a teen heartthrob.

8. Nicole Kidman (news). She's young, she's making good movies, she's got to hook up with someone sooner or later. And since we can't think of Nicole without thinking of Tom and Penelope, we'll be watching for a Cruise/Cruz wedding.

9. Melanie Griffith (news) and Antonio Banderas. Rumors of marital trouble have been dogging them, but publicist Robin Baum says it's all ''absolutely not true.'' Still, the tabloids won't let go. We'll see who is telling the truth.

10. Angelina Jolie (news). Although she has spent much of her time out of the country with baby Maddox, she will be back in the limelight in July when the sequel to Lara Croft: Tomb Raider opens. We still would like to know how such passion with Billy Bob Thornton (news) turned so sour, and why she and dad Jon Voight (news) are estranged. What did he mean when he said she has ''problems''?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Well, hmmm, will Ben and Jen still be together when their first movie is released? I wonder...

I like Reese Witherspoon, a real sweetie.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic
    Interesting - 90% of the predictions about celebs are just about their love lives. Seems like this should have been in People Magazine rather than USA Today!

Reese is very cool. Loved the first Legally Blonde. I will forever wish for a body like Demi Moore's. I read something about how she rode her bike 30 miles on the day that one of her kids was born. When I read that, it cracked me up to go to the store and see "stork parking" next to the door.

uh, off to get on the treadmill now....

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Demi is in incredible shape, Jill, but she's also surgically enhanced. "About Last Night" was on TV yesterday, and the nude Demi was decidedly less endowed. And frankly, more appealing than the "enhanced" version. (BTW - welcome Jill!!!)

I read a review of Reese's last movie, and the reviewer seemed to indicate that she was pretty full of herself. I'm hoping it was just an arrogant reviewer that had a chip on his shoulder, because she's always come off as a sweetheart to me as well.

And Fluff, your comment about will they be together when their movie is released?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    2. Brad Pitt (news) and Jennifer Aniston (news). Friends has been renewed, but we'll be watching to see whether the couple's next project goes as planned: the pitter-patter of a new little Pitt.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world who could care LESS about these 2. I really don't care if they procreate or not.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I really don't care either BF.

They seem nice enough people, but their baby plans are of no interest to me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm also bored with Brad and Jen. Likely because they seem like a genuine couple that love each other... and where is the excitement there?

Ben n' Jen won't last. But still, he's ruined for me forever.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread