+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No More Short Movies!

Well gee, now I can't have popcorn because I'm a vegetarian! Thanks Duck
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I don't blame people for sneaking stuff in, the concessions make an already costly evening out even more expensive.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I can't believe I missed this thread.

Movie Theatres are amazing places, where much like airport shops, the relative value of basic things departs from reality into some amazing place where a shot glass of coffee costs $5... and that's here in Portland... I don't even bother going to movies in NYC, as I don't have time to take out a second mortgage.

As for short movies, I started actually looking for the run time in films before I go after sitting *briefly* through Men In Black II which ran something like 88 minutes, and that included the credits... which ran s l o w.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

When my kiddos were tiny babies we used to play tag team moviegoers. I would go to a movie while hubby was with the kids and then my husband would go to the movie while I stayed with the kids. It gave us all a break from each other and hubby and I got to see a movie that we wanted to see. We did not even have to agree on a movie. We still do that every few months. We have gotten into taking the kids out seperately on date nights. Mr. Feifer will take our son out one night while I am out and about with our daughter; then a couple weeks later we do the opposite. The kids enjoy the one-on-one time and it is much calmer wherever we go. We rarely take the kids to anything stronger than a G movie. Well, there is the rare Harry Potter type movie where you know it is mostly kids anyway. No PG-13 or higher EVER! There is no sense paying for a ticket for a movie that is too scary or just not interesting to a child, much less age inappropriate.

I do not mind short movies when i am with the kids, but when the kids are at Granny's I want a loooong movie.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Originally posted by cali
    Well gee, now I can't have popcorn because I'm a vegetarian! Thanks Duck
    See, I did you a favour.

FORT Fanatic
    fluff, how did you get 12 people kicked out without missing most of the movie yourself? You're right, I should have done that. I settled for throwing Hot Tamales at the backs of their heads

Now I only go to movies at the latest showing on a Monday or Tuesday night, at least several weeks after the movie has opened. When I get a real job and start raking in the bucks I'll spring for a primo home theater.

I was lucky enough to see the manager as soon as I left the room or it might have taken some time to glavanise one of the young staffers into action.
    I just told him there was a group of people sitting in the row in front of me being noisy and ruining the movie for other people.
    He rounded up a posse of the more sizeable young male workers came into the theatre and asked the group to leave.

It was quite amusing to hear mumbles of "oh no, my mum isn't coming to pick me up for another hour and a half"

Suddenly they went from hard-asses to wet weekends and I only missed a couple of minutes of the show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It was quite amusing to hear mumbles of "oh no, my mum isn't coming to pick me up for another hour and a half"
    that's hilarious!!

i really mind watching short movies, low budget movies
    i want the movie to be worth the money~haha
    so so fa i've never watched one that's less then 100 min long

I like long movies - I guess that's because so much is cut sometimes that there are gaping holes in the plot. I'd rather have more scenes than less, I guess.

Prices are outrageous, but if there is a movie I really want to see, I'll shell out the money. Usually I'll check out the second run theaters though.

As far as concessions? I like my popcorn, but there is no way on earth you are going to convince me that $5 for a medium size is fair. They should be making more than enough to cover the overhead with $14 ticket prices.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

We went to see The Two Towers when we were out in California. The theatres there are all older than the nice, new ones with great sound we have here in Ft. Fun. I paid nine freaking dollars per ticket to go sit on lumpy seats and listen to the sound happening about 30 feet in front of me. I was wishing I'd brought my own sound system. Part of the reason you go to the theatre is for awesome sound. I was very disappointed.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast