+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Left Behind II: Tribulation Force (2002) - 12/31/02

I have read all of the books and enjoyed every word. I think it is mostly because of the subject matter and it is interesting to read and then go look some of this stuff up in the BIBLE. Revelations is really a blow your mind book. The Left Behind movies and books come from two men who built a story around the happenings in Revelations. I just love this kind of stuff. Are the books poetry? No. Best writing ever? No. I got hooked on the characters and the story and want to know what happens next. I was disappointed in the first movie. I may not see the second one.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

FORT Fanatic
    Kirk Cameron!! I hadn't noticed that at first. Too funny!

I would love to write a book as an answer to this series: what happens when the rapture comes....and nothing happens? Wait, that would be the shortest book ever. Never mind.

I really, really must insist on good writing when I read. Remember that book from a while back about the 9 rules/laws/levels/prophecies/??? sorry, I can't remember the name! It then had a sequel, "The 10th ????" Anyway, my point is that the writing in that book was so appallingly terrible that I couldn't take seriously anything the author had to say. Sounds like these books are similar.

What can I say, I was an English major
    Someone please fill the void in my memory where the title of that book should be.

wow! That 9 rules thing sounds nothing like the Left Behind books that I read.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

FORT Fanatic
    it's not similar, plot-wise, but I was trying to use it as an example of bad writing that ruined the ideas behind a book. I failed miserably because I can't remember the name of that book. It was huge, though, very popular.

It sounds as though the books deserve a rather more big budget adaptation.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic
    I remember now! It's The Celestine Prophecy, now that it makes absolutely no difference to the thread.

Jill, I do understand what you are saying.

The "LEFT BEHIND" books may not be the best writing, but they are very entertaining. I found each of them interesting and did not feel that I wasted my time on them. Since I was attached to the characters; it compelled me to read on. I look forward to the next one. I would recomend that anyone who wants to start the series wait until they are all out. That way you will not be sitting around waiting for the next book to come out like I am.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12