+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I guess if you're very tied into the Mists of Avalon series, Excalibur and the like.. then you would be disappointed by the lack of mysticism.
    I went in knowing that Merlin and the mysticism surrounding the previous Excalibur movies weren't part of this movie, and that the story was a little different, so I wasn't dissapointed. It wasn't the greatest Dark Ages movie, but I found myself drawn in by the story. It had it's corny moments, but almost every movie has them. I liked it, but then again, I find some value in pretty much every movie that I see, whether it's a blockbuster or not.

I've never asked for my money back either. I figured it's my fault because no one forced me to go to see it in the first place. Although there have been times when I have felt like asking for my money or for a ticket to another show when I can't hear due to a screaming kid.

ok i saw this movie today

i really enjoyed it, i loved clive owen as KA and kiera in war paint...sweet! haha...though i'm sure women could not fight in those days

*spoilers*

even though they didn't really have much of merlin, and least of all as a wizard, i thought that made the movie realistic.....i mean the legends in the story surely didn't happen least of all him pulling out some sword out of a stone, but, they did show the scene which was cool

i like mysitical stories as much as the next person, but, i enjoyed seeing a movie that truly showed what arthur's legend probably really was....not some king living in a castle

and i agree with broadway, people shouldn't demand thier money back unless something was wrong the screen or they couldnt hear the sound or something...i mean it is someone's choice to go see the movie, i mean if everyone did that no theatre or movie would make money

Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    i like mysitical stories as much as the next person, but, i enjoyed seeing a movie that truly showed what arthur's legend probably really was....not some king living in a castle
    That's exactly why I liked it, snickers. This story had a more believable aspect to it. It wasn't so emerged in fantasy like the previous Excalibur/King Aruthur movies, which of course, I loved too.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    I loved King Arthur. It was such a well-done movie. I loved the real-life take on the times. The British, Saxons, and Romans were all very well displayed as far as differences. The movie really drew me, especially from now knowing much about the other fictional works surrounding Merlin (besides Disney). Kiera was wonderful and Owens was also splendid as Arthur. The actor who played Lancelot (forgot his name) was charming in his role. I loved the interaction between the characters. My only complaint is that the Saxons were so comedic and inhuman almost. They didn't particularly appeal to me as far as the antagonistic part of the plot is concerned. The leader of the Saxons (forgot his name, too) reminded me of Bruenor Battlehammer of Salvatore's many novels. But that's just me...
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

I'll just say that I liked Troy far far more.
    Far more interesting characters. Far more plausible battle scenes.

It seemed to shrink Scotland down to a small region of containing a handful of villages one Roman outpost and a few hundred people. No sense of scale.

And the Saxons! How Terrifying!!! Their main method of attack seemed to be to walk forwards really slowly while getting plastered by arrows.
    Their leader and his trailer park trash son, though the most enjoyable characters in the movie, made me think of Texans. Britain in 700AD was invaded by the Texans.

Anyway, the attempt to attach historical accuracy to the movie backfired seriously for me by doing it so badly.

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    *Possible Spoiler*

I enjoyed this movie, but I came out feeling a bit confused because in real life (Or major speculation from history buffs, rather) I thought that Guineviere was with Arthur and cheated on him with Lancelot. I thought that one of the major theories of King Arthur's death was that Lancelot killed him.

i think no one knows for sure, but yeah i mean was guinevere a warrior????

i think the problem is there is all these different stories saying these different things

the director went with a theory i guess he felt was most accurate

at disneyland riding all the rides...weeeeeeeee
    this is defiantly on of my favorites. I love to see these kinds of movies. The music was wonderful in the movie as well.
    Clive Owen gave a great performance as Arthur. He just gave a elegance to the role that was just right. Its like u could actually feel sorrow for him and things of that sort. Ioen Gruffend was also amazing in his role of the brave warrior Lancelot. The sequences between him and Clive were some of the most interesting parts. Kiera Knightly was a gorgeous Guinevere. It was fun to see Kiera doing most of the fighting not a stunt double or anything. And what kind of a girl would i be if i didn't love Hugh Dancy as Galahand. and all the other knights. they gave so much comic relief to the story.
    Attached Images Attached Images

King Arthur was so good. I loved it.
    Favourite shows: The Amish in the city
    Survivor
    Fear Factor
    The Amazing Race
    & more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12