+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Movies you would like to see again.

Movies you would like to see again.

Are there any movies that you seen years ago and would like to see again? I have tried for a long long time to find the movie "Playing For Time" It had Lynn and Vanessa Redgrave in it and was about the jews in a concentration camp that played music basically to stay alive. Has anyone else ever seen this movie???

There are tons of movies I'll watch over and over, too many to list here!

Quote Originally Posted by echo1960
    Are there any movies that you seen years ago and would like to see again? I have tried for a long long time to find the movie "Playing For Time" It had Lynn and Vanessa Redgrave in it and was about the jews in a concentration camp that played music basically to stay alive. Has anyone else ever seen this movie???
    I've never seen it, but my movie book says it was a made-for-TV movie, it's available on video, and they gave it 4 out of 5 stars.

I saw a funny Canadian movie on TV years ago called 'The Canadian Conspiracy' about a plot by Canadian entertainers to infiltrate and take over the U.S. (Told ya it was funny. ) It was done documentary-style, with people like Anne Murray saying "Conspiracy? What conspiracy?" with a little grin. And in every shot of the U.S. it was warm and sunny, but every shot of Canada showed a raging blizzard. I keep waiting for it to show up again on CBC late at night.

Also, I haven't seen 'Phantom of the Paradise' for many years. Maybe I could get Blockbuster to order it for me.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I also would like to see "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World" It is So Funny!
    Also,Who's Minding The Mint was a good old one.

Quote Originally Posted by echo1960
    ........ I have tried for a long long time to find the movie "Playing For Time" It had Lynn and Vanessa Redgrave in it and was about the jews in a concentration camp that played music basically to stay alive. Has anyone else ever seen this movie???
    That was a really good movie, as heartbreaking as it was. Probably my first experience viewing a movie about concentration camps or the Holocaust, so it really did have quite and effect on me. Do you remember the girl (dark hair, until it was shaved off) who fell in with the guard, in exchange for bread? I wonder what became of the actress - she was really good, I think.

On a COMPLETELY different note, I, too, liked Its A Mad Mad Mad Mad World. Haven't seen it in a LONG time, though. Why don't they make moves like that anymore???

I also would love to see Bedknobs & Broomsticks and Escape From Witch Mountain again - so adored them as a child, and want to share them with my daughter
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

+ Reply to Thread