+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What movie do you really hate?

Star Wars... just not my type of movie... I saw about half an hour, surprised I lasted that long.

FORT Fan
    Scary Movie. I can't stand comedies built entirely around humor-by-reference. It didn't even try to parody anything. It just recreated scenes from the trailers of popular movies and inserted lame sex/gay/pot/fart jokes.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I'm so glad there are at least 2 other people out there who hated My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I went with a group of friends who just gushed about how wonderful it was and I thought it was intelligence-insulting and soul-deadening.

The only other movie that I've seen in theaters that I hated was AI--I saw it for free and STILL wanted my money back.

Others I've seen (cable/rental) that I absolutely can't stand are: The English Patient, anything with Jim Carrey, Hannibal, and Joe Dirt.

Titanic. As if the actual story weren't compelling enough, the movie studio dorks had to drum up a phony, melodramatic love story.
    Steel Magnolias and Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. What is it about overwrought, unhinged Southern women that movie producers find so entertaining?
    The Big Chill. A commercial ripoff of the superior Return of the Secaucus Seven.
    Ghost. It should have starred Alan Rickman and Juliet Stevenson and been called Truly, Madly Deeply.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Lost in Translation...Gaaaakkkkaah! Boring, pointless, and way too long. Unless the point is " 'tis better to be miserable than to be alone'. " Or something to that effect. I can't understand why everyone went so gaga over this crap, much less why Bill Murray got an Oscar nomination for sitting there looking bored and miserable, doing nothing.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

It all comes down to a matter of taste really, as there are a lot of movies on this list that I really like (such as Clockwork Orange, Mulholland Drive, The Matrix, High Fidelity, Lost in Translation, etc.).

All I can say is that I cannot bear to watch anything with that gash-mouth hag Julia Roberts.

I don't get what her appeal is, she can't seem to play more than one character in any of her films. I've tried giving her a chance, but I hate every single movie I've seen her in: Pretty Woman, Runaway Bride, Notting Hill, The Mexican, whatever lugubrious movie it was my in-laws dragged me to where Susan Sarandan dies...all a deplorable waste of my time.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    All I can say is that I cannot bear to watch anything with that gash-mouth hag Julia Roberts.

I don't get what her appeal is, she can't seem to play more than one character in any of her films. I've tried giving her a chance, but I hate every single movie I've seen her in: Pretty Woman, Runaway Bride, Notting Hill, The Mexican, whatever lugubrious movie it was my in-laws dragged me to where Susan Sarandan dies...all a deplorable waste of my time.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!I knew I liked you!(Although,you liked High Fidelity,but we'll talk about that later,m'kay?) I thought I was the only one in the world who hated her work! The fact that she has an Oscar makes my skin crawl. The fact that she beat Ellen Burstyn to get said Oscar makes me want to take a hostage. :phhht

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Titantic......even though I like Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio, I didn't swallow that love story at all. I love Blade Runner, one of my all time favorites, especially the Director's cut, without the cheesy narraration by Harrison Ford. It's also visually one of the most haunting movies I've ever seen. Another one I couldn't finish watching was Pirates of the Carribean.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I don't get what her appeal is, she can't seem to play more than one character in any of her films.
    Word. She's useful as a divining rod for bad movies, though. You know if she picked the script, it will suck.
    The one exception, in my opinion, is Notting Hill. Despite Julia, and the terrible, awful plot cliches, it had some clever dialogue. It's no Local Hero (I loved every movie Bill Forsythe made), but better than (shudder) Steel Magnolias.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I'm not a sci-fi fan so i don't like movies like Star trek & star wars.I couldn't stand The Matrix either - just not my type of movie.I also don t like the Batman movies.
    Lost in Translation - I have no idea WHY i sat through the entire movie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345