Page 1 of 420 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Last Movies You Have Rented

i rented 3 flicks on sunday:

Minority Report
    Unfaithful
    Secret Lives of Altar Boys

i LOVED Minority Report despite not being a Tom Cruise fan. the story was interesting, the acting was great and there was the requisite "twist" in the end. i was very pleased. another great for spielberg.

Unfaithful - i was on the edge of my seat with my hand covering my mouth for much of this movie. diane lane was awesome. new-to-american-cinema-comer, oliver martinez, was great.... i could understand why a married woman would look twice.... (not that i'm condoning, mind you! ), richard gere ... well, pretty much any actor would have been as good in the role. anyway, i loved this movie, too.

Secret Lives of Altar Boys - ehhhh. wouldn't watch it again, but there were a few good performances. it was just weird.

Minority Report-loved it. Great bonus materials.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Over the last couple days, I've rented:

"Scooby Doo" (which was pretty decent, I thought)
    "Fight Club" (an very good movie I should have watched long ago)
    "Ice Age" (eh, I'd pass on this one next time, I think)

i watched "scooby doo" a few weeks ago. pretty good for a no brainer... though i was displeased to see scrappy in the mix.

LOVE fight club. bought it a LONG time ago. great movie!

haven't seen ice age.

Minority Report is great, sher!

The last thing I rented was "Enough" with....J Lo. It was surprisingly good! I don't even like J. Lo, but I thought this was pretty good. Reminds you a LOT of the Ashley Judd movie "Double Jeopardy" though.

I thought Enough was decent.
    If you really think about it, there are more holes in the plot that a block of Swiss cheese, so don't think about it, just watch and enjoy

We bought Minority Report because we liked the movie so much when we saw it in the theatre.

We rented The New Guy recently.
    We'd already seen that too but it was good for a laugh so we thought we'd watch it again.
    We also rented Reign of Fire because I have to have my Bale fix.
    "That's Numberwang!"

good to know about Enough and The New Guy. i've picked up both, but never rented either b/c i was worried about being disappointed. now i won't!

i saw Reign of Fire in blockbuster, too.... i remember the commercials for it looking bad though. is it worth the watch or only worth the watch for christian?

Lilo and Stitch The kids loved it, my husband loved the sound track and I thought it was cute.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I got my dad to rent MIB II for me a couple of days ago? Does that count? I wanted to watch the movie again - it's so hilarious

LG.
    my daughter got Lilo and Stitch for Christmas. We watched the first 45 minutes but that is about her attention span (she's 2 1/2) so now my husband and I are both waiting to see the ending. It looks very cute, even though I was a little concerned about the whole "social worker guy is going to take Lilo away" aspect in the beginning, but Elvis rules so this is going to be a favorite kids movie of ours.

Also we rented Changing Lanes and thought it was fine but nothing special. Oh yes, lawyers are scum, I've never heard that before. :rolleyes
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread