+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

I just rented an indie called The Station Agent. It is the story of a train loving dwarf(little person) who inherits an old train station in a remote part of New Jersey. I didn't particularly enjoy the movie,I thought it was sweet but very slow moving. For trivia lovers,it appears to have cameos by almost everyone who has worked for HBO!

Bobby Cannavale - (Six Feet Under,Sex and the City)
    Patricia Clarkson - (Six Feet Under)
    Lynn Cohen - (Sex and the City)
    John Slattery - (Sex and the City)

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Saw Ella Enchanted the other day. Not that bad, but I had already read the book (not a very thick book), and the book was light years better. The adaptation was a horrible job, though the movie as a standalone is okay.

Saw 13 going on 30 a few weeks ago and it was kind of fun, but not as great as I hoped it would be.

To use stars:

Ella Enchanted--*1/2 (*** minus *1/2 for awful adaptation)
    13 going on 30--**

I've just seen The Cooler and The Butterfly Effect in the last week.

As for The Cooler, I saw some things in that movie that just left my mouth hanging, and I didn't think I was that easy to shock anymore when it came to movies.

The Butterfly Effect came highly recommended from someone whose taste I trust 100 percent. I liked it, but man, that ending...! And if you saw the Director's Cut, you would know what I mean.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I saw Uptown Girls and wasn't impressed. Pretty boring and predictable, I thought it would be better than it was. I also don't like Brittany Murphy. The only reedeeming quality in it was Dakota fanning, who is a wonderful child actor IMO.

Man on Fire Rated R
    This movie is good, Denzel Washington plays a drunk bodyguard to Dakota Fanning.
    (she is perfect in this movie)
    It takes place in Mexico City and is about the kidnapping of rich kids.
    Not for those against violence.

I watched Ginger Snaps II - Unleashed this weekend...if any of you out there are horror fans and haven't seen this series, go immediately to the video store. Don't be frightened that these are Canadian movies, either. My absolute favourite horror series to date.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Can you really call it a series if it only has a sequel so far??

I really liked Ginger Snaps, so I'll see if Mr. Texie can find the sequel for me. I bet he has it somewhere in his inventory.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

:phhht I thought Mr. Texie would have informed you that there are THREE Ginger Snaps movies, smartypants. The third one is Ginger Snaps Back.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Thank you Ajay I stand corrected, and I expect Mr Texie will start filing the divorce papers due to my movie faux pas
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

FORT Fan
    Scotland, Pa (an indy flick) and Lost In Translation for the millionth time because I can't get enough of it - I'd like to know what Bill Murray whispers to Scarlet J. in the end, before he gets in the cab......

+ Reply to Thread