+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

ok i watched mystic river

it was interesting....kinda predictable....didn't dig the ending.....good acting though

I fell asleep during Hellboy. But I'm going to try watching the last half hour (what I missed) again. I'm not a particular fan of comic book superhero flicks, but I kinda liked him, and thought the fish dude was pretty cool.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

"House on Haunted Hill" and "Darkness Falls" -They were both good-

We rented a couple of Ben Stiller movies this last weekend. Along Came Polly and Starsky & Hutch. Didn't really like either one that much. Even the out takes on Polly were boring.

The best thing about Starksy & Hutch was that for some reason we started watching at the part where they go into the biker bar, it made the movie that much shorter! It was kind of funny to see them do things that brought back old memories, like Starsky getting so mad and throwing things, sliding across the back of the car, the car flying through the air....things like that were fun, but didn't make it a great movie by any means.
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Best defenceman ever canadian_d's Avatar
    Last week I rented "Jersey Girl". Not a bad film - I found it cute.
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable will."

I just watched The City of God, a brilliant Brazillian indie based on the true story of a boy who grew up in a slum and dreamed of being a photgrapher. A little depressing in places but overall it was a very good movie.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

MrC, that is a damn good movie. I loved it. Apparently they are working on a sequel.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Blood Simple, ****
    The Girl Next Door, *
    13 going on 30, **
    Along Came Polly, **
    Cold Mountain, ***
    SWAT, **
    City of God, *****
    Harry Potter 3, *** (Potter 1 & 2, ****)
    Shrek 2, ***
    Mystic River, ***
    Requiem for a Dream, ****

Ratings
    * = bad, I struggled to get through it
    ** = meh, only mildly entertaining
    *** = good, I wouldn't mind seeing it again
    **** = excellent, even worth owning on DVD
    ***** = classic, or would-be classic!
    Last edited by happyblue; 09-15-2004 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    MrC, that is a damn good movie. I loved it. Apparently they are working on a sequel.
    Wow,I hadn't heard about that,thanks for the info AJane!

By the way,Requiem for a Dream was an amzing film. It's one of my favorites,and Ellen Burstyn's performance as the mom is chilling.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I just rented Woody Allen's ANYTHING ELSE starring Woody Allen, Jason Biggs, and Christina Ricci. Personally I'm not a fan of Woody Allen movies so I found this to be ok, but sort of bland. I thought Jason Biggs would be out of place, but surprisingly he was great, Christina Ricci was fine as well. If you're a fan of Woody Allen's I recommend checking this out.

+ Reply to Thread