+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 420 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

We just watched "Requium for a Dream" a movie from 2000 with Jennifer Garner. It is about 4 people who go from using no drugs/casually to a total descent into addiction hell. Very powerful movie. I highly recommend it.

Just want to add that this movie is not for children.

jennifer connelly.... not jennifer garner

yeah its a good movie.....ending was pretty sad

I actually saw this one on HBO, but I have to mention it here because it was my first time and I loved it: Bend it like Beckham!

I went back a few pages, but didn't see any comments for The Butterfly Effect, so I thought I'd add my 2 cents. I rented it on Friday and bought the DVD on Saturday! Loved it! I heard that there were two completely different endings (Theatrical and Director's Cut), but I actually preferred the Theatrical ending (unlike most people!). Anyway, several friends are on their way over so I get to watch it again! Definitely on my top 10 of all time fav movies.

I watched 13 going on Thirty at my friend's house.
    Favourite shows: The Amish in the city
    Survivor
    Fear Factor
    The Amazing Race
    & more.

Just watched that old early 80's movie The Final Countdown. It's the one where the aircraft carrier goes back in time. I remember loving it when I saw it in the theatre as a kid. But it was pretty disappointing now. I don't really understand the point of the story, I guess. I know what they were trying to make you think about, and that worked for me. But the overall story structure was rather poor, something I didn't notice as a 10- or 11-year-old kid.

The original movie trailers sure were funny, though. They've really come a LONG way as far as making slick, entertaining trailers that don't just peel out huge chunks of the movie intact. I don't like trailers that give too much away, either, and you could write a pretty thorough book report on the movie just by watching the trailers.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose
    I went back a few pages, but didn't see any comments for The Butterfly Effect, so I thought I'd add my 2 cents. I rented it on Friday and bought the DVD on Saturday! Loved it! I heard that there were two completely different endings (Theatrical and Director's Cut), but I actually preferred the Theatrical ending (unlike most people!). Anyway, several friends are on their way over so I get to watch it again! Definitely on my top 10 of all time fav movies.
    I saw this movie when it was in theaters and bought the DVD the day it came out. I preferred the director's cut to the theatrical ending. It just seemed to fit better. One of my favorite movies of all time, also.

The other night, "Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit" was on the Disney channel. I decided to give it a try. This movie was awesome! I loved the first one, but never got to watch the sequel, and I'm glad I've watched it, it's awesome!
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    On the weekend we saw DUPLEX (Ben Stiller, Drew Barrymore), I liked it more than I thought I would. It's a great dark comedy with some really funny moments. Ben Stiller really brings this movie together (he's just great, and I'm a big fan of his) , Drew Barrymore was fine, and the old lady (have to look up her name) was hilarious, and brought in a good performance. I recommend this one!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Over the weekend I rented 50 First Dates. I personally thought it was horrible. The previews of the show were funnier than the actual movie. I don't think it was worth it.

Also rented Along Came Polly. I thought this was cute. Some parts were funny
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread