+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 420 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I rented "Die Mommy Die". Charles Busch totally cracks me up!
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Well, I gave "Taking Lives" another shot and it was actually pretty good. A little confusing and slow at parts but good. I also rented American Wedding (The Only American Pie movie I haven't seen), Porky's and Porky's 2. My husband hasn't seen any of the Porky movies so I just had to get them. Next week, I'll get the 3rd one.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I had a friend over on Friday night, so we gave some movies a shot. Here's my take on our picks.

Secret Window-This movie was really good in my opinion. I loved the suspense of it all, but to those of you who haven't seen it, I strongly advise to pay close attention!

Johnson Family Vacation-Hilarious movie! I loved watching it. Great entertainment and good clean fun for the whole family.

Labyrinth-Okay, so I've seen this a million times, but I still never get tired of it.. Its such a good movie and never gets old.
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

We just rented "Bourne Identity" cause we wanted to see it one more time to refresh our memory before going to see "Bourne Supremacy" in the theater. Now I can't wait to see it!

Laws Of Attraction - I liked it, it was pretty decent, however, I actually saw it when I was on a cruise to Alaska last month and I was falling asleep watching it...not because it was boring but seriously, I was just sleepy.

The Prince and Me - Also saw it during the cruise, I loved this one! Only because I am a sucker for love stories. Julia Stiles was amazing.

Mean Girls - Good as well. I like Lindsay Lohan so it made it even better. The movie was pretty mean (as the title says) and it was fun to watch.

Johnson family Vacation - Saw this one on a flight from Seattle to Miami. Laughed quite a bit but thought it would be funnier. Still, it was a good time-passer movie especially considering how long and boring the flight was.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

50 First Dates. Really cute and I loved it. I like love stories that aren't too corny and Adam Sandler was so good in this, well so are Drew Barrymore and Rob Schnieder,too. Great combination. I had been hoping that she would totally recover, but the ending was sweet and brought a little tear to my eye!
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Twisted - Ashley Judd Samuel L Jackson Andy Garcia 2004
    This wasn't bad, the stars did their jobs, kinda predictable but worth a rent if you like thrillers.

Some rentals, some purchases.

Once upon a time in the west, *****
    A classic spagetti western. I keep finding this double DVD set selling cheap at Walmart, HMW and other DVD stores. I'd say it's a must-own even if you don't like westerns. Charles Bronson is too cool in this!

Badder Santa, **
    So mean-spirited, but I guess that was the point. It has its moments.

Chris Rock: Never Scared, ***
    There's some LOL moments, particularly the political stuff. Bonus material includes a very funny early standup appearance.

The man who wasn't there, **
    I really wanted to love this. It has some truly great scenes. But the last half-hour just bogs down and Billy Bob Thorton seems miscast, or maybe I don't find Billy Bob that engaging as an actor.

Strange Days, *
    I'll give it a star just because I was able to stand it the whole way through. Everything seems painfully dated. The "virtual reality" concept was better executed in "eXistenz."
    Last edited by happyblue; 09-02-2004 at 03:55 AM.

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    Since its semester break I got soo many videos out! Last 3 bunch were:

- Pirates of the carribean (seen it at movies) Wow i love this movie!
    - The Hours : ahh so lames! Nice directing thou!
    - Just Married : Oh so much talking it sucks!

ok i saw:

-dirty dancing 2.....not that impressed, the first one was so much better
    -21 grams.....liked it....a little too depressing though
    -heavenly creatures.....odd at times, but great performance by kate winslet

+ Reply to Thread