+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 420 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

I recently watch Elephant,the movie directed by Gus Van Sant about the Columbine tragedy.It was interesting,but I don't think I could recommend it to anyone because of the extremely slow pace and redundancy....

I also rented Badder Santa,which I have to say I enjoyed. I was actually surprised that I liked it so much. Boy can Billy Bob curse....but we never had any doubts about that did we?
    Last edited by mrcorkles; 08-14-2004 at 11:51 PM. Reason: bold went haywire

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    Kill Bill Volume 2 - rented it last night.

Not as much blood/gore as Vol. 1, and a truly amazing fight scene between Uma Thurman and Darryl Hannah. Very good indeed.
    Yes indeed, this is one of the best movies....ever
    I loved 1 and 2 topped it.

I had an American Pie fest last week. We rented all 3. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to watch American Wedding but I loved the other 2. This was the first time I'd seen any of them. We also rented Paycheck. Man, Affleck is hot.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I'm renting Godsend and Taking Lives tomorrow.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Please, tell me how Taking Lives is. Love Jolie.

This week's rentals were slightly meh.

Morvern Callar, ***
    Started off like bunch of puzzle pieces scattered on the floor. It's not like one of those complex plots you have to figure out. It's more complex emotions and actions of the main character. What the hell is she thinking and doing? Samantha Morton's every move is just fascinating. You don't know what she's gonna do next.

Millenium Actress, **
    I appreciate the unconventional way the storyline was pieced together. A little too melodramatic for my tastes.

The Devil's Backbone, ***
    A ghost story set in the period of the Spanish Civil War. The mostly kiddy cast gives it an almost Stand By Me-ish feel. Even the story is something out of a Stephen King novel. Some nice sequences of suspense/horror. Nothing gorey like most Guillermo Del Toro movies (Blade 2, Mimic). This is a quality film.

Spirit, ***
    It's got horses, Bryan Adams music, and Matt Damon. Almost came close to chick flick territory. The brilliant, action-packed ending seemed out of place, but it saved the movie for me and the many dudes who were forced to watch this with their girlfriends. Nice animation.

I'm shallow. I rented Music from Another Room a frothy, frivolous romantic "comedy" (I think the comedic part is questionable, at best) just because Jude Law is in it. AND I ENJOYED IT! There, I said it. It's no cinematic masterpiece, just a quirky little film that happens to have Jude Law looking yummy and playing a character who's desperately in love and will stop at nothing to--eh, who cares, he just looks really good in it, that's all you need to know!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

The Ice Storm -9/10

I just watched Kill Bill Vol.2 last night and I really applaud Tarantino for another film well done.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Taking Lives -Angelina Jolie and Ethan Hawke

I liked this movie, FBI agent Jolie chases a serial Killer in Montreal. Not the best movie but worth watching. Lots of blood and killing.

Thanks, Noreen. I look forward to renting Taking Lives.

I just wanna make some adjustments to my previous ratings...

The Terrorist, *** (instead of **)
    PowerPuff Girls, * (Instead if **)

While watching Morvern Callar I was reminded a lot of The Terrorist. I underrated the complexity of the lead character in Terrorist. Truly a great performance by Ayesha Dharkar.

Watching Spirit made me realize how much PowerPuff Girls sucked.

+ Reply to Thread