+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 420 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Memento. I liked it but guessed something too early. I would have preferred it to be a big surprise. It was still good.

happyblue,

Cabin Fever is one of the worst movies I have ever rented. you'll see what I mean when you watch it.

Great, thanks erin_dye! Funny, Cabin Fever was the last movie I picked off the shelf. I had that DVD in one hand and "Thirteen," "Morvern Callar" and "Millenium Actress" on the other. I couldn't decide which to choose. Flipped a coin. Apparently the movie gods weren't on my side.
    Last edited by happyblue; 08-03-2004 at 10:01 PM.

Hate to break it you, HappyBlue, but IMO you should have gotten either Thirteen or Millenium Actress.

But then don't listen to me, my God, I'm the woman who just rented TWO THOUSAND MANIACS!!! You need to scream out the title every time you say it, because it is a magnificently cheesy 60s horror-exploitation flick about Yankees lost in a scary village in Georgia. This no-budget classic (the director actually sings on the soundtrack because he didn't want to spend money hiring a professional singer ) has ambitious but awful special effects--and that's the charm, people! If you are an MST3K fan who wants to be your own Tom Servo for the night, or if you just love flagrantly bad genre films, then I highly recommend TWO THOUSAND MANIACS!!!

Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I went to Blockbuster yesterday and rented 13 Going on 30 (Totally cute!!! I loved it.), Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (FINALLY, after 3 weeks it was in stock and even so, I got the LAST copy. The movie was blah. Didn't like it much.), and Hellboy, which I have yet to see. ^__^

The last movies I rented from Netflix (just cancelled my subscription due to monetary issues) were Barbie as Rapunzel (for my daughter), and Trilogy Of Terror (old horror movie with Karen Black)...good movies. LOL! I didn't watch Something's Gotta Give...seemed boring.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

EVOO - you really should watch Something's Gotta Give - I'm no Diane Keaton fan, but this movie was really good, and got better as it went along - I laughed, I cried, I added it to my top 20 list
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Rented Cold Mountain last night. Bo-o-o-r-r-r-ing. Renee Zellweger was ridiculous (can't believe she won an academy award for this high school drama club acting - although she should have won for Bridget Jones Diary). Nicole Kidman looked VERY pretty - but couldn't stay on accent. (Several continuity problems with her hairstyle, too - kept changing during a scene) Jude Law looked like he was trying to channel Johnny Depp or something, but failing miserably and he only had one facial expression throughout the entire movie. The plot dragged on and on and on to a predictable and cliched ending.
    I will say the beginning war sequences were pretty good (but too choppy and short to have their intended effect) and Natalie Portman had a small role which she pulled off pretty well, but that's all the nice things I can say about it.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Snowflakegirl - 2000 Maniacs is great! It's a time when Hershell Gordon Lewis was doing his best drive-in films, especially since he has be in advertising before! His claim to fame was most definitely "Blood Feast". You can see a snippet of "Blood Feast" in John Waters' film, Serial Mom. I prefer 2000 Maniacs because it's so outrageous...imagine these films in the 60's though! "Blood Feast" also has a sequel that was just released about a year ago. Aside from the gore and the some of the dialog...it could almost pass as a Twilight Zone episode.

The commentary for the dvd isn't bad either.
    Last edited by weston; 08-06-2004 at 03:54 PM.
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

Jay
    I just watched Lost In Translation. I thought Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson were both great.

+ Reply to Thread