+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 420 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140190 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

About Schmidt (Jack Nicholson)

Heaven (Cate Blanchett)

I cried both times *sniff*
    realitytvbites!

Shade 2003 Rated R
    Good movie if you are into poker, con artists and old time movie stars.
    Sylvester Stallone stars, Melanie Griffith looks great.
    This movie will keep you guessing until the end.

FORT Fogey
    I rented Adaptation and Pirates of the Caribean (yes I hadn't seen it yet)

PotC was ok, and Adaptation was a little.... well... weird.... (ok, a LOT weird)

I was kinda into it in the start, but the last half hour I changed my mind... I thought it was heading one direction, and then it took a turn, and I thought the turn was terrible... of course, that doesn't make much sense, but I don't want to spoil anyone.

Yeah, I also really enjoyed--no, I loved the beginning of Adaptation and then really hated the end. I understand what they were trying to do (i.e. self-consciously satirize the whole "Hollywood Ending" Charlie Kaufmann despises), but I think it totally backfired.

Anyway, we were in the mood for a little light wackiness, so we rented Starsky and Hutch. I can't help myself, I love it when Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson work together, along with the usual comedy suspects (Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, etc.) and the supremely smooth Snoop Dogg, so I laughed myself silly. Loved all the cheesy 70s camp! OMG, why did people dress like that then?!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    I rented Paycheck starring none other than Ben Affleck (or however it's spelled). It was a really great movie. Although, it is highly reminiscent of an older movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The movie was a little cheesy in parts but overall very well done. But hey... I guess every movie has its downfalls.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by ixcrisxi
    I rented Paycheck starring none other than Ben Affleck (or however it's spelled). It was a really great movie. Although, it is highly reminiscent of an older movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.
    If you mean Total Recall, that's because both movies are based on short stories by one of the greatest science fiction writers ever, Philip K. Dick!
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    If you mean Total Recall, that's because both movies are based on short stories by one of the greatest science fiction writers ever, Philip K. Dick!
    Blade Runner too, I think? And Minority Report.
    Last edited by Lotuslander; 07-26-2004 at 06:06 AM.

You're right, Lotus, those were all based on Philip K. Dick's writings. I was just referring to the one with "the Governator" in it.

The Last movies I rented were:

"Honey"~Loved it! I've seen it before, but it was so good I wanted to see it again!

"Haunted Mansion"~So cute! I loved it, and Eddie Murphy always makes me laugh, no matter what movie he's in.

"Stuck on You"~In all honesty, I really didn't like this movie.. I got bored with it rather quickly.
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

Great. I was thinking of renting Stuck on You. Is it really that boring? Thanks for the heads up, aifan.

Movies I've seen in the last week or so:

Kurosawa's Ran, ***** (out of 5)
    The Dreamers, ****
    Before Night Falls, ***
    Monsters Inc., ****

It started slow but I was really impressed by "Ran," a war flick, as well as a great interpretation of King Lear. "The Dreamers" is one of the best movies of 2004 for me. It's a sexy, coming of age story set in the 60s. It would fit nicely between Y Tu Mama Tambien and Eyes Wide Shut. "Before Night Falls" is a straightforward biopic about a writer living in Cuba who was persecuted for his writings and his sexuality. The whole thing about art being "counter-revolutionary" in a communist country intrigued me. I finally saw "Monsters Inc." Hilarious!

My mini filmfest this week. Northfolk, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Spellbound, The Debut, and Hellboy .
    Last edited by happyblue; 07-27-2004 at 07:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread