+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 420 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138188 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Noreen, I also thought that Renee was the star.

Mt friend and i just watched 50 First Dates. I loved this movie. Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler make such a cute couple.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Noreen, I also thought that Renee was the star.
    Renee made it worth watching...without her I would have thought it was boring too. And I agree, it is long...I would get online for a while when it was on then when I started paying attention again I was like dang, he still hasn't got there yet?
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

The Secretary with James Spader. I think that Hazy or someone else here recommended it to us.

He takes employer/employee relationships to a different level. Here is one of the links to the movie. It also touches on another aspect of "enjoyment" for some people.

http://www.filmcritic.com/misc/empor...0?OpenDocument

Got The Butterfly Effect. Rent it if you're hot for Ashton Kutcher (which I am ), but if you want to see the superior movie about time travel, alternate universes, and loving human sacrifice, watch Donnie Darko instead. I think it's a lot smarter, plus, Jake Gyllenhall ain't nothin' to sniff at, either.

We also got When Trumpets Fade, because Mr. SFG is really interested in anything to do with World War II. I was really impressed with it, especially knowing that as a made-for-cable film it had a much lower budget than a movie like Saving Private Ryan (which came out the same year). Great writing and good performances help it to overcome low production values. Ron Eldard is fantastic as a weary soldier who doesn't want to be a hero, but simply wants to survive.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    .............................. ..........Ron Eldard is fantastic as a weary soldier who doesn't want to be a hero, but simply wants to survive.

He is really underrated. Watched Sleepers this past weekend, and had forgotten he was in it, but again, nice job in his role, I thought.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

I always thought so too, ADKLove. He was also good in House of Sand and Fog. He's making a pilot for a series, Blind Justice I believe it's called, that I hope gets picked up by a network in the Fall.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Last five movies I rented are City of God, Elephant, and:

Lantana - Slow moving drama. Not really a crime or suspense/thriller, though you probably will find it on the action/thriller shelf. Great Australian cast, great script. Yet, it still bored me to tears. Everybody's so miserable.

Man from Elysian Fields - This is a good one. Interesting cast (Andy Garcia, Mick Jagger, Julianne Maguilies, James Coburn, Angelica Houston), interesting story (Wonder Boys meets Deuce Bigalow?), surprisingly clever script and well paced. Coburn (RIP) just radiates on screen. It was like he was playing himself, just holding on to live one more day. Garcia does his When-a-Man-Loves-a-Woman schtick. It works well with the film. Mick was perfectly cast as the lead manwhore.

Joyride - Late on a Friday night, I wanted to see a brainless, teen slasher flick. That's what I got. Shame on me. I admit, part of me wanted to see it for Leelee. Mmmm, Leelee.

Based on some your recommendations, I will try to see House of Sand and Fog, Bubba Ho-Tep, and Tokyo Godfathers. Thanks.
    Last edited by happyblue; 07-13-2004 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    The Secretary with James Spader. I think that Hazy or someone else here recommended it to us.

He takes employer/employee relationships to a different level. Here is one of the links to the movie. It also touches on another aspect of "enjoyment" for some people.

http://www.filmcritic.com/misc/empor...0?OpenDocument
    Eldee I laughed my a** off during this movie, Maggie Gyllenhall was priceless. Her facial expressions alone were hysterical. I thought James Spader played his part quite understated, yet intense. This is a cool movie but not for the sexually repressed
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I have a crush on Maggie Gyllenhaal.
    It also touches on another aspect of "enjoyment" for some people.
    Last edited by happyblue; 07-13-2004 at 09:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread