+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 419 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697137187 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Bubba Hotep rocked.[/I]
    I liked it too...it's different, but entertaining. I laughed for 30 minutes when Elvis went down the hill on his walker.

I've watch a boat load of movies since my tonsillectomy exactly one week ago today....my roommate has been to the movie gallery like 4 times already this week. Yesterday I watched Cold Mountain...which is not typically the kind of movie I would want to see, but considering I can't leave the house....anyway, it's a good movie.

I tried watching Bad(der) Santa...just couldn't get into it.

Barber Shop 2 is cute.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

50 First Dates and Miracle, both pretty good.

I saw 'Along Came Polly' and thought it was very funny.

Though I didn't see the first one I rented 'Barbershop 2' and thought it was alright. The acting was very good, I was very impressed by Ice Cube and Eve. The plot was okay, nothing special. I would give it 2.5/5 stars.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    The last thing I personally rented was one of my favorite movies, Wait Until Dark. I hadn't seen it in a while, and my sister was getting a rent two older movies for a dollar, and she couldn't find a second one. Anyway, it's with Audrey Hepburn as a blind woman who's husband was given a heroine filled doll. He doesn't know it, and ends up leaving town, and leaves the doll at home. Three thugs who are lookin' for the doll try to con Audrey's character into giving it to them, but she has no idea where it is. Well, I don't want to spoil too much,, but I love this movie!!!

I'm not too in to modern movies, although my family rents new releases all the time, Wait Until Dark is the last movie I bothered to watch. I want to rent the Triplets of Belleville sometime, though.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

scooberoo, I really like that movie too! You can tell how "far" the drug trade has come these days in comparision to the amount of drugs that were involved in that movie.

As usual, Audrey was beautiful and acted very well. Alan was great in his roles. I don't recall seeing the girl, Julie Herron? in other movies though.

I also liked how the blind character was able to take care of herself and not have to wait for her husband or the police to rescue her from the bad guys.

FORT Fogey
    On the weekend I rented 4 movies: The Green Mile, Science Mystery Theatre 3000, Ice Age, and LOTR-FOTR

All very different movies.. I rented LOTR for my dad, and I thought Green Mile was absolutely spectacular. SMT3K is always great for a good laugh, and Ice Age was good too.

Murder by Numbers with Sandra Bullock. In "theme" it reminded me of The Rope by Hitchcock which, was based on a real murder by Leopld and Loeb.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaFabulous
    I've watch a boat load of movies since my tonsillectomy exactly one week ago today....my roommate has been to the movie gallery like 4 times already this week. Yesterday I watched Cold Mountain...which is not typically the kind of movie I would want to see, but considering I can't leave the house....anyway, it's a good movie.
    I hope you're feeling better, AmandaF. We got Cold Mountain too, and neither of us was overly impressed. I don't know why my husband didn't like it (though he mentioned he thought the ending was weak), but I know I wasn't fond of the un-hot Jude Law look (it's shallow, I know ) and I don't think they did a good enough job establishing the love relationship between Nicole's & Jude's characters. It's what carries the entire film, for the love of God!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I just finished watching Cold Mountain and I thought it was a slow first 30 minutes or so...........I ended up liking it. Renee Zellweger was the star as far as I was concerned she deserved her best supporting actress award.

Long movie 155 minutes.

+ Reply to Thread