+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 419 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136186 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

If there are any movie buffs who use Blockbuster, they have having a plan similar to Netflix. For $24.99 a month, you can have out a max. of two movies, at any time. That means no late fees and you can get a new movie whenever you wish.

I know I will be taking advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by macontosh2000
    City Of God - 9.5/10 - One of the best of last year i would recomend it to anyone that doesnt mind reading subtitles.

City of God is one of my most recent new favorites. It's incredible and brilliant. You will not be disappointed.
    Last edited by WomynLee; 06-27-2004 at 01:36 AM.

Today on TV was a movie called Heavyweights which came out in 1995, here is the summary of it: Jerry, an overweight pre-teen, is sent to a "fat farm" for the summer, lured by the promise of go-karts and swimming fun. When he arrives, however, he finds that the camp has been bought out by an exercise/fitness guru whose mental stability quickly deteriorates. Jerry and his friends--including a counselor whose been there 18 years--finally make a stand.

The movie was pretty good. I was surprised to see Ben Stiller along with Kenan Tompson from SNL in it. It is a good feel good movie. 3.3/4 stars.

I also rented 50 First Dates today. It wasn't too good but Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler have great chemistry. It has a couple of laughs but it is also serious. 2.5/4 stars.

Bubba Hotep rocked. I agree with Weston's earlier analysis of the film; though, yes, it's quite funny in parts, it's story is ultimately rather dark. Nice to see some good ol' practical effects in a film for a change. Hotep's hat made him look more pimp than cowboy though.

Bruce Campbell, naturally, is awesome. Don't f*** with the King!!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by JyNx
    I am Sam.

I hate movies with smartass little children in it
    But it`s an o.k movie i guess, i didn`t dislike it.
    I loved I Am Sam, probably because they didn't sugarcoat Penns' portrayal of a mentally disadvantaged man. I was very impressed with the acting. Not so much with the storyline, though. In a perfect world Sam would receive the community support needed to raise his daughter, but IMO and with the things I've seen as a social worker this just doesn't happen.
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Bubba Hotep rocked. I agree with Weston's earlier analysis of the film; though, yes, it's quite funny in parts, it's story is ultimately rather dark. Nice to see some good ol' practical effects in a film for a change. Hotep's hat made him look more pimp than cowboy though.

Bruce Campbell, naturally, is awesome. Don't f*** with the King!!!
    I bought this movie last week on the strengths of the reviews I read here. I love Bruce Campbell. The film moved more slowly than most of Campbell's' other films - notably the Sam Rami ones, but that wasn't a bad thing. I loved the characterizations. Ossie Davis is awesome, but then he always is.

I just kept waiting for Bruce to say "Hail to the King, baby", like he did in Army of Darkness
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    Rented "Paycheck" last night. You know, for a movie with a confusing (but more-often transparent) plot, TRULY bad dialogue, fair-to-midland acting, and Ben Affleck :rolleyes it was surprisingly not awful. I actually enjoyed it in a "this is really not a great movie but its fun" kind of way.
    I thought Payckeck was awful.
    Even my current "love" for Aaron Eckhart wasn't enough for me to enjoy this movie.
    I was interested to see how the 19 items would help Ben through his ordeals, but I agree, the dialogue was dreadful.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    My personal favorite is Manos: Hands of Fate!!!
    That is hands down my husband's favorite MST. What a stinker of a movie, but it's hilarious. I love it when the evil guy reincarnates his evil wives in a big ritual ceremony, they fade to black, and they come back and he's sitting with his head in his hands while they all chatter and nag him.

I like the ones that are more 50's social mores, like Teens from Outer Space or "Viking Women" ("The Saga of" I think). And I love the shorts.

Okay, enough MST3k. We watched Legend of Drunken Master last night and it was really good. Yes, it's Kung Fu, yes, it's a young Jackie Chan - but the funniest character was his stepmother. And there are definitely moves in that movie I've never seen anywhere else.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

City of God ---This film rocks .Oh it so rocks!!!

I can't wait to see City of God, it's coming up soon on my Netflix queue.

Today, however, we watched Barbershop 2. Really funny, I liked it just as much as the first one. LOVE Cedric the Entertainer, he's so great, and his confrontation with the ever-regal Queen Latifah is a standout! I like the way that they tie the institution of barbershops to the history of their neighborhood and African American culture.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread