+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 420 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135185 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    If I were an actor, I'd automatically reject any script that had my character say "I have to destroy that machine!"
    I have no idea what this means. So now I have to add it to my Netflix queue.

I've been on a rash of MST3K rentals. (Mystery Science Theater 3000)
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Hepcat, I love you!

I am a huge MST3K fan!!! My husband, however, completely misses the point. He's actually said, "I wish those those little things would shut up so I could watch the movie!" :rolleyes

My personal favorite is Manos: Hands of Fate!!!

Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by weezerx9
    i rented 'the rundown' the other day not expecting much, but surprisingly it wasnt that bad.
    Yeah, it wasn't THAT bad. It was entertaining for that type of movie. :rolleyes We also rented Gothika...another :rolleyes Bad ending.

Rented "Paycheck" last night. You know, for a movie with a confusing (but more-often transparent) plot, TRULY bad dialogue, fair-to-midland acting, and Ben Affleck :rolleyes it was surprisingly not awful. I actually enjoyed it in a "this is really not a great movie but its fun" kind of way.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Timeline and Secret Window:
    I liked Timeline, good adventure movie, not a five star, but worth renting.

Secret Window, Depp is so unkempt in this movie it's hard to find him as a sex symbol.
    I liked this thriller by Steven King, a little slow and I had the whole thing figured out after the first 30 minutes, but I still liked it. Rated PG 13 should have been R for blood and gore.

Noreen, I felt exactly the same way about Secret Window. The second I saw John Shooter, I had the entirety of the plot figured out and wrapped in a little pink bow; however, even despite it's predictability I was able to enjoy the film, which I think is a compliment to the director's pacing and the great performances by the cast. My husband liked it lot, too. It was like The Shining meets a long episode of "Tales from the Crypt" (a show I used to love as a kid anyway), but a good diversion for a Friday night.

We also got The Station Agent, which we enjoyed as well. I wouldn't say it is completely without flaws, but it is a simple and lovely story about loneliness, humanity, and the search for life's passion. All the performances are very "real" and genuine, in particular Peter Dinklage (yes, he's the dwarf) and Patricia Clarkson.
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I am Sam.

I hate movies with smartass little children in it
    But it`s an o.k movie i guess, i didn`t dislike it.

I liked Secret Window, i`m a fan of stephen king.

I just finished watching the Secret Window. It was OK, nothing special. Maybe I was missing something. It got to the end and me and my friend just looked at each other with a blank stare, not really knowing what happened.

If anyone would mind dropping me a PM to explain what happened at the end it would be appriciated.

Just sent you a PM, AIWANNABE. And hey, I finally got Bubba Hotep from Netflix!!! We'll probably watch that tonight.

+ Reply to Thread