+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 420 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132182 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

I just rented In America
    I Loved it!

Ladies' night at the old homestead, rented the 2003 remake of The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone (based on the Tennessee Williams novel). It was not a great movie, meaning that it was just the sort of quality you'd expect from a Showtime production; that is to say, sufficient, not brilliant.

But if you are in the mood to ogle not only Olivier Martinez but Rodrigo Santoro, then by all means, this is a must-see! How Rodrigo Santoro can still look so hot eating pizza that fell onto the street is beyond me.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Watched Blood Simple on recommendations from this thread. Any movie where I have no idea what's going to happen next gets extra thumbs up from me. Very creative suspense, not just using a soundtrack to create suspense.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

"Dreamcatchers" and "21 grams"

"House of the Dead" was hORRible... I wander when "Dawn of the Dead" will come out... I like it very much.
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

I saw "Along Came Polly" and actually didn't enjoy it that much, despite the fact that I love Jennifer Aniston & Ben Stiller! Too bad, really... just too much potty humor, and I didn't think it was all that funny
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    bubba hotep. OMG! never laughed so hard in my life! very very funny.

(Elvis rules!)
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

House of Sand and Fog...........Brilliant!

Drain my brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by build_me_up
    I saw "Along Came Polly" and actually didn't enjoy it that much, despite the fact that I love Jennifer Aniston & Ben Stiller! Too bad, really... just too much potty humor, and I didn't think it was all that funny
    yeh I just saw that last night and I totally agree. I was expecting funnier... I also watched "Monster." That was okay too; notta favorite.
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

I rented Masked and Anonymous, the first movie I've rented in quite a while. It was weird, but definitely worth the money. Rather surreal, and I couldn't tell what country it was supposed to be based in. If you're a Bob Dylan fan, as I am, it's a must see. He has no acting ability whatsoever IMO, but the cast, including John Goodman, Luke Wilson, Jessica Lange, Penelope Cruz, Jeff Bridges, Val Kilmer, Christian Slater, Giovanni Ribenisi (sp?) and Angela Bassett were great.
    Dylan's delivery was wooden, and at times it was difficult for me to tell what he was saying since I'm half deaf and he mumbles, but he also did the narrative and that was understandable. . I was surprised by how frail he seems; he's not THAT old - I think he was born in '41. He looked like a stiff breeze would knock him over.
    Masked and Anonymous is one of those movies where, when you watch it, you aren't quite sure what to think, then find yourself thinking about it more and more as the days go by. I like movies like that.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

We rented Monster, which was heartbreaking but very good. I jokingly told my husband halfway through that I didn't realize this was a love story, but it is at its core--the relationship between Charlize and Christina Ricci is incredibly touching, even in the midst of such violence and ugliness. Charlize's performance really is amazing; she inhabits the character wholly, and its a testament to her talent that she manages to make you feel sympathy for as dark a figure as Aileen Wournos.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread