+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 420 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990130180 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

FORT Fogey
    I rented "In America" over the weekend. Great film. A little slow but the two girls (who are sisters in real life too) are tooooooo precious.

The DVD has an alternate ending which i didnt like as much as the real ending.

Monster and Lost in Translation
    Monster I loved, amazing what they can do with make-up.
    Lost in Translation, I know a lot of people loved this movie, but I found it slow and boring with nothing really happening that couldn't have been told in 30 minutes. The stars were bored so they in turn they bored me.

Eurotrip and Scary movie 3 (I know, silly movie night. )

Scary movie 3 I didn't find that funny, I only watched it for Simon Rex's eyes.

Eurotrip was one of the funniest movie I've seen in a long time. If you're not offended easily and you just want to see a silly teenager movie, go for it. There's a special appearance by an actor and it took me a while to recognize who he was.
    I really liked it, it made for good, unpretentious entertainment.

We watched the French animated film, Triplets of Belleville. It's hard to describe, but a very unique and charming experience. I didn't like it as much as the last feature length animated film I saw, the wonderful Tokyo Godfathers, but I suppose it's unfair to compare the two.

Also rented Girl with a Pearl Earring. Yes, the cinematography is, as one would expect, Vermeerliciously beautiful, but the subtle exploration of ephemeral human connection captured in the immortality of art is maybe...a little too subtle, meaning that while I was occasionally anchanted, I was close to dozing off several times during the film. And, hey, I'm the kind of girl that can sit through Russian Ark and love every minute of it. BTW: Did not dig Colin Firth with that "Encino Man" coif AT ALL.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Master and Commander - fell asleep about 45 minutes in.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Maid in Manhatten. A cute movie with some nice outfits.

Go rent Oz. That was worth watching!

We watched Dirty Harry last night - the first movie with Dirty Harry. I was resigned to falling asleep on the couch but it was pretty damn good.

I think what kept me interested was the fact that Clint Eastwood in 1971 really reminds me of Hugh Jackman! Affectionately known in our house as Huge Ackman, of course.

You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

"DO YOU FEEL LUCKY, PUNK?!!"

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. Dirty Harry is one of those classics that still holf up after all these years.

My mom is here, so we had a chick-flicky evening and watched Under the Tuscan Sun. It was actually pretty cute, I enjoyed it. I really liked Sandra Oh, the actress who played Diane Lane's preggy lesbian friend.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    "DO YOU FEEL LUCKY, PUNK?!!"

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. Dirty Harry is one of those classics that still holf up after all these years.

My mom is here, so we had a chick-flicky evening and watched Under the Tuscan Sun. It was actually pretty cute, I enjoyed it. I really liked Sandra Oh, the actress who played Diane Lane's preggy lesbian friend.
    I actually really liked that movie! The love story between the polish guy and the italian girl was too funny!

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Another one we saw recently I'd recommend was Insomnia. It was directed by the same guy who did Memento.

The Wild Bunch - if you're in the mood for an old western we recently saw that. Geez, time to update the Netflix queue.

Hope you're having fun with Mom, SFG!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread