+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 420 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

We watched 2 DVD's over the weekend..."Amelie" and "The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood". I'd recommend both.

Originally posted by fluff
    With regard to XXX , I haven't seen it because I'm very anti Samuel L Jackson at the moment.
    It seems as though every movie he's in lately is rubbish.
    Well, this movie will only serve to continue that feeling

I'm holding out more hope for The Bourne Identity, maybe because I like Matt Damon better than Vin Diesel.

I actually really enjoyed XXX. It was like a cartoon, and I thought it was very entertaining. Although not a huge Vin fan, I do like him, (almost solely because of Pitch Black and Saving Private Ryan). I didn't care in the slightest that it wasn't believable. I also enjoyed The Bourne Identity. The story was fairly exciting, though nearly as unbelievable as XXX, the acting was better. I really like Franka Potente and it was neat seeing her in an English speaking role for a change. I would say Lobeck's weekend viewing trumps both of them though. Amelie?
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Isn't your av Amelie-based, Z? Never saw the flick, but I think it's from that show.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I loved Amelie, Z. We're actually thinking of buying the DVD to add to our collection.

Originally posted by John
    Well, this movie will only serve to continue that feeling

I'm holding out more hope for The Bourne Identity, maybe because I like Matt Damon better than Vin Diesel.
    I saw the Bourne Identity at the theatre.
    I don't usually like action movies, but I enjoyed this one.

Originally posted by Paulie
    Isn't your av Amelie-based, Z? Never saw the flick, but I think it's from that show.
    Yes, this one and the last one.

Originally posted by lobeck
    I loved Amelie, Z. We're actually thinking of buying the DVD to add to our collection.
    I have it Lobeck and I love it. I haven't had a chance to see all of the special features yet, but it did come with a second disc full of great stuff. That actor that plays Nino Quincampoix cracks me up. I think he just gets cuter and funnier each time I watch the movie. I'm such a dork, too...when she is talking to him on the payphone in the park I disquise my voice like she does and say Mr. Quincampoix, then . Yes, I'm a .

I haven't even checked out the special features on my LOTR dvd...Is that bad? I've only watched it once.

I have to confess that I haven't rented a movie in a long time. I have been buying DVD's instead.

At first I thought I was simply a freak, but then I saw a report that showed many video rental stores are shifting their for sale stock to the front of the store, as a lot of people are buying instead of renting.

Anyone else do that?

Oh, and last DVD bought was LOTR, but I still haven't had time to watch it.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Anyone else do that?
    Hmm. Zhora, would you like to field that question?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread