+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 420 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129179 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    That was an interesting movie. I read somewhere that the girls had never even seen a film before acting in it.

I rented The Magdalene Sisters last night. It was disturbing. I can't say that I liked it, but I guess I don't regret watching.
    Yeah, I felt the same way about the Magdalene Sisters...It was well-acted,but very disturbing.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Just finished Lord of the Rings 3, WOW great movie, I saw one, missed two so it was a little hard to figure out. It was good on it's own.

Abandon, don't bother with it.

Big Fish; I really liked it, this movie was really different from anything I've seen lately.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Abandon, don't bother with it.
    I didn't like that one either. It looked like it'd be good, but it just didn't...work.

I just watched Monster tonight. I don't even know how to describe it, really. It blew me away...it was shocking, disgusting, creepy. I'd definitely suggest it, but it's not for the more sensitive people. I even got a little queasy at some points.

I watched 21 Grams the other night which I thought was great!

I also rented Mulholland Drive. I got this because I like David Lynch. But, this movie was pretty confusing to me. Anyone have thoughts on Mulholland Drive?
    There's no such thing as making too much money or taking too many risks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    Yeah, I felt the same way about the Magdalene Sisters...It was well-acted,but very disturbing.
    I looked it up. It sounds very interesting to me. I plan to take it out sometime.

I really like this thread because it either reminds me about movies that I forgot or FORTERS give great suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Big Fish; I really liked it, this movie was really different from anything I've seen lately.
    We watched this just last night, I really liked it. Very sweet and whimsical.

Quote Originally Posted by RSOkinawa
    I also rented Mulholland Drive. I got this because I like David Lynch. But, this movie was pretty confusing to me. Anyone have thoughts on Mulholland Drive?
    I loved Mulholland Drive, but it did take me a couple of watchings to piece it together, and true to Lynch, there are some loose strands and MacGuffins that never get justified. Just try to look at the beginning of the film as a fantasy, both a tribute and a parody of classic, old Hollywood conventions (the musical, the innocent ingenue, a mysterious femme fatale); and the end is the gritty reality. I hope that helps, without giving any spoilers to anyone who might not have seen it. PM me if you want to discuss in more detail.

All David Lynch movies will put your head through a meat grinder anyway. I love him too, he happens to be one of my favorite directors. Luckily, the first thing of his I ever saw was Eraserhead with that pumping chicken and the lady in the radiator, so everything else seems practically salient in comparison.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

The original 'Gone In 60 Seconds" and the original Thomas Crown Affair' with Steve Mcqueen. Steve Mcqueen was a cool muh #@&*

Quote Originally Posted by Mdrio9
    I just watched Monster tonight. I don't even know how to describe it, really. It blew me away...it was shocking, disgusting, creepy. I'd definitely suggest it, but it's not for the more sensitive people. I even got a little queasy at some points.
    That surprises me, I've never heard this movie described that way. What made you queasy, Mdrio? I'm curious. I found it to be more focused on the love affair and the motivation behind the murders, rather than the killings themselves.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread